RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my registration renewal it says must provide documentation of completion of VB1 emissions recall

It wont take my money online and I have to go into a DMV field office and figure out what to do.

Dealer has me on a waiting list where I have been for 6 months and I am at least 3 months from getting a call they tell me. I asked for some sort of documentation to show DMV and they said no.

Anyone else handled this already? I did a quick search and nothing

·
Registered
157 Posts
on my registration renewal it says must provide documentation of completion of VB1 emissions recall

It wont take my money online and I have to go into a DMV field office and figure out what to do.

Dealer has me on a waiting list where I have been for 6 months and I am at least 3 months from getting a call they tell me. I asked for some sort of documentation to show DMV and they said no.

Anyone else handled this already? I did a quick search and nothing
Hi nitis,
We would like to look into this situation further for you and see if there is any opportunity to assist. Please feel free to send our team a private message with additional details.

Rob
Ram Cares

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have the same notation on my registration renewal. Which, for the record, is extorting me out of $422. Just so all of you who in one of the 49 other free states think we are full of crap when we complain about our fees, there you have it, for a 6 year old truck.

I assumed it was related to the AEM (V08). Did you see somewhere it specifically called out the VB1?? If so, then I'm screwed and in the same boat as you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
533 Posts
And I was complaining about $275 for my tags for next year.

Not sure why VB1 would affect registration. It doesn't affect emisions. The AEM does and unless you have it done are not CARB compliant and can register truck in California

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I was complaining about $275 for my tags for next year.

Not sure why VB1 would affect registration. It doesn't affect emisions. The AEM does and unless you have it done are not CARB compliant and can register truck in California

It’s part of the emissions system is what I have read elsewhere. Of course you can’t just call CARB you have to email them and wait

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,566 Posts
The VB1 is the EGR cooler replacement for the potential of cracking. Only hair-brainreason I could think of CARB wanting the VB1 performed before you can register your vehicle is the potential pollution risk if the vehicle catches fire 🔥
It's sorta baffling people are having to wait so long to get recall parts and service done.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The VB1 is the EGR cooler replacement for the potential of cracking. Only hair-brainreason I could think of CARB wanting the VB1 performed before you can register your vehicle is the potential pollution risk if the vehicle catches fire 🔥
It's sorta baffling people are having to wait so long to get recall parts and service done.
CARB is a Homonym for idiocy.
I believe most people didn't have a choice when it came to VB1 if you're on a waiting list for the part I was on the list 11 months not by choice I know Anomaly was on the list for almost a year as well.

Reactions: Kneebull

·
Registered
533 Posts
Other than the work order I have no proof that I had the VB1 recall done. Wonder if the DMV means VO8, the AEM flash, as that affects the emissions.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
1,864 Posts
Have you called the 1-800 ARB # noted "if you have problems" ?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Interesting and thanks for the response. It prompted me to find mine and it says VB1A, I wonder why the difference

Guess I'll play dumb and send in proof of the AEM/V08 because my hands are tied when it comes to the VB1.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nitis... sorry to hear of this hassel... I hate dealing with Ca DMV. It's always a fuster cluck... always. Good luck with it. I'm following this as I wonder what mine will say when it comes due. ugh.

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
174 Posts
Bureaucracies by their nature, always promulgate more rules and controls. They never streamline or reassess past decisions. And they are never wrong.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You could try this go to to recall website it will list all recalls and if performed. This could be used as proof. Carb is the devil to anything motorized, they don't serve the public need but rather a political one.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Out of curiosity, I stopped by the local Ram dealer to check this out. I was told I’m number 66 on the list. They are receiving one EGR cooler per week. My registration is due in April of ‘22. Do the math, not gonna make it!!
I was on the list for nearly a year that was largely due to covid issues during that time, you may consider reaching out to @RamCares to help expedite this as well as consider reaching out to other dealers in your region. Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Out of curiosity, I stopped by the local Ram dealer to check this out. I was told I’m number 66 on the list. They are receiving one EGR cooler per week. My registration is due in April of ‘22. Do the math, not gonna make it!!
Hi Docmcg,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Ram Cares

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was on the list for nearly a year that was largely due to covid issues during that time, you may consider reaching out to @RamCares to help expedite this as well as consider reaching out to other dealers in your region. Good luck.
Thank you for the tag!

Rob
Ram Cares

1 - 20 of 27 Posts