RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting Monday, July 19, 2021, mandatory emissions inspections (aka "smog check," performed every two years on 1998 to present gas and diesel cars and trucks) will now include a test to determine whether a vehicle's ECM has been manipulated/altered beyond OEM settings, through non-CARB-approved calibrating (tuning).

It would seem, as when visiting the dealer, folks with flashed ECM tunes could revert back to the original before the state emissions testing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
well that sucks, but it also explains why GDE hasn't been able to get CARB certification for their tune

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,190 Posts
doesn't California have bigger problems to worry about, like keeping the lights on and water flowing out of the faucets?

but it also explains why GDE hasn't been able to get CARB certification for their tune
It's more like CARB decided it doesn't need to play by the rules and unbeknownst to the citizens of California they are the ones getting screwed

·
Registered
66 Posts
One thing to keep in mind... California's economy is enormous. Just think of all the tax dollars their govt takes from all the residents and their oppressive laws keep honest citizens from enjoying the freedoms most of the rest of us take for granted. Thank God for freedom!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I have lived in Silicon Valley all of my 82 years. It was called "the valley of hearts delight" back in the old days. Quality of life was great, it was not crowded and and everyone prospered. As a teenager, racing hot rods on Main Street was the weekend activity. It was frowned on, but little was done to curtail it. I got married two years out of high school and had two children over the following two years. I secured a good job and we bought our first house and two new cars over the next two years. Life was great... Fast forward 60 years. Everything that we loved about this valley is gone. We are now stranded in a mire of shit and corruption that is progressively getting worse by the year. A work friends favorite ditty was "let me out of this whore house" and no one considered that to be a joke. I'll keep this short, but mention one last straw that broke this camel's back. No, not the smog laws, I have ways to deal with that. Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
. Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?

That's nuts.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
. Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?

That's nuts.
I forgot to mention that the new ordinances also require the video and audio taping of all gun sales.

• Angry
Reactions: OS1 Johnson

·
Registered
403 Posts
I forgot to mention that the new ordinances also require the video and audio taping of all gun sales.
Where is this, Gene?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have lived in Silicon Valley all of my 82 years. It was called "the valley of hearts delight" back in the old days. Quality of life was great, it was not crowded and and everyone prospered. As a teenager, racing hot rods on Main Street was the weekend activity. It was frowned on, but little was done to curtail it. I got married two years out of high school and had two children over the following two years. I secured a good job and we bought our first house and two new cars over the next two years. Life was great... Fast forward 60 years. Everything that we loved about this valley is gone. We are now stranded in a mire of shit and corruption that is progressively getting worse by the year. A work friends favorite ditty was "let me out of this whore house" and no one considered that to be a joke. I'll keep this short, but mention one last straw that broke this camel's back. No, not the smog laws, I have ways to deal with that. Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?
Gee that is crazy. What the hell will they dream up next? Make you get a license and insurance just to drive a truck? Next thing ya know taxes to pay for roads and bridges!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sorry to hear of that Gene, seems like a money grab and grandstanding moment for the regional politicians, i'm sure the local politicians I mean criminals don't mind since the rules never apply to them anyway.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry to hear of that Gene, seems like a money grab and grandstanding moment for the regional politicians, i'm sure the local politicians I mean criminals don't mind since the rules never apply to them anyway.
Hi: TexasJoe...Without being to "Pull it a cull" it seems to me we are doomed to drive the will of the "Auto makers". They will only build what they can get away with... so have an extension cord ready!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That's nuts.
That’s anti-Second Amendment, and so anti-Bill of Rights.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?

C(r)ook county (i.e. Chicago) has a "fee" for all firearms and firearm related sales, they can't call it a tax but a "fee" is ok. They say the money goes to help victims of gun violence. And while I feel for the truly innocent victims/bystanders of drive-bys, gang shootings, mass shootings, etc., who don't deserve what was done to them; I don't think the honest law abiding citizens should be forced to pay for the actions of criminals. Especially when you know those criminals aren't buying their guns legally and therefore aren't paying the "fee" either.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wonder if the rocketship is EPA compliant?

·
Registered
195 Posts
C(r)ook county (i.e. Chicago) has a "fee" for all firearms and firearm related sales, they can't call it a tax but a "fee" is ok. They say the money goes to help victims of gun violence. And while I feel for the truly innocent victims/bystanders of drive-bys, gang shootings, mass shootings, etc., who don't deserve what was done to them; I don't think the honest law abiding citizens should be forced to pay for the actions of criminals. Especially when you know those criminals aren't buying their guns legally and therefore aren't paying the "fee" either.
With some luck & support maybe the NRA, NAGR & other gun groups can fight it & win.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Our city council has just passed a new regulation, the first in the country, to impose further financial burden on law abiding tax paying citizens. Shortly, we will be required to pay a fee for every firearm that we own and provide liability insurance for the same. What the hell is next?

That's nuts.
We have a variation of that on the east coast. All of us volunteer hunters for a certain county in northern Virginia (public parks ect) must have liability insurance for hunting. I had to do much the same in Germany to hunt on all property. But that was an active public activity not a passive collecting owning hobby.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Californistan just plain SUCKS, I guess they have to keep making more taxes to pay for all the illegal Immigrants
( OOP'S sorry, UNDOCUMENTED CITIZENS! ) that they're feeding and housing....No wonder everyone is leaving
It's the halfway house of the country now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts