RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because I had the AEM installed on June 4th and still not accepted on the site. The CSR was very nice, seemed to actually be or was trained to sound concerned, asked me what I thought of the truck and 10 minutes later said thank you, we need to hear the feedback.

He couldn't find any record of the AEM in his computer so asked if I would mind being put on hold while he called my dealer. Turns out there was something wrong with the way the dealer had submitted the document and he wasn't getting paid....so he wasn't going to send in the AEM complete until he got paid. CSR told me that the head service manager was going to take care of the issue today and submit it.

I felt that I got good service from the call though that doesn't compensate me for the crappy driving truck. At one point in our conversation he said that the complaints should force FCA to do something...he even mentioned the NHTSA.....one can only hope.

What I did find out is that the average time from AEM complete to acceptance is 2 weeks so if you're waiting 3 weeks or more and it's not accepted give them a call....it really wasn't a bad experience. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Thanks for the information.

Mine was done near the same day as yours. Checked yesterday and paperwork has not been completed or approved or whatever that hourglass symbol means. I'm going to wait another month and then see. Like you, guessing my paperwork is screwed up also. Such is life. No hurry on my part so my plan to ignore and wait will be its' own test.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Because I had the AEM installed on June 4th and still not accepted on the site. The CSR was very nice, seemed to actually be or was trained to sound concerned, asked me what I thought of the truck and 10 minutes later said thank you, we need to hear the feedback.

He couldn't find any record of the AEM in his computer so asked if I would mind being put on hold while he called my dealer. Turns out there was something wrong with the way the dealer had submitted the document and he wasn't getting paid....so he wasn't going to send in the AEM complete until he got paid. CSR told me that the head service manager was going to take care of the issue today and submit it.

I felt that I got good service from the call though that doesn't compensate me for the crappy driving truck. At one point in our conversation he said that the complaints should force FCA to do something...he even mentioned the NHTSA.....one can only hope.

What I did find out is that the average time from AEM complete to acceptance is 2 weeks so if you're waiting 3 weeks or more and it's not accepted give them a call....it really wasn't a bad experience. Fingers crossed.
If they can't fix this throttle delay soon, then its due to a potential violation with the feds again. This is a cluster F for FCA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since I don't currently have my truck (It's back in the shop) I took the time to call yesterday too.... She explained that they have a "small" dept handling the claim, and Obviously they are backlogged, But she did say all my paperwork was in order. and I should at some point (no ETA) receive an email from my case manager.

Claim submitted on
5/15

Update completed on
6/14

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess talking to them worked. Called on 7/9 and documentation was still at the dealer, CSR called the dealer, AEM complete hit the Mopar.com site on Jul 17 and the AEM website shows "Settlement Check Mailed" today, Jul 18. Now I guess it's 6 weeks till it arrives.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I called today to follow up on my email with signed docs to confirm receipt. Tha rep was able to retrieve my email and confirm everything was received in good order.

I do believe calling does help move things along.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since I don't currently have my truck (It's back in the shop) I took the time to call yesterday too.... She explained that they have a "small" dept handling the claim, and Obviously they are backlogged, But she did say all my paperwork was in order. and I should at some point (no ETA) receive an email from my case manager.

Claim submitted on
5/15

Update completed on
6/14
I had the exact same conversation yesterday. I asked just how small the team was. Anthony started mumbling about how he wasn’t really sure just that they were really backlogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess talking to them worked. Called on 7/9 and documentation was still at the dealer, CSR called the dealer, AEM complete hit the Mopar.com site on Jul 17 and the AEM website shows "Settlement Check Mailed" today, Jul 18. Now I guess it's 6 weeks till it arrives.
Received the check today, Aug 15, the check is dated Aug 12. so that's 4 weeks from "Check Mailed" to Delivery

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting they mail it july 18 but the check is dated Aug 12????
"Check Mailed" on the website signifies the start of the payment process. It is advertised to take 6 weeks so that part of the process is apparently not backlogged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts