RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is that time of the year, snow is finally melting and big northern bear got a green light today from his doctor that bear can travel. Had hernia surgery 4 weeks ago and was stuck in the house. So i'm looking at some hotels between Clearwater and Siesta Key. Wonder if anybody in the area can recommend something that is close to the beach and it is reasonably priced. I'm also looking at attractions, restaurants, places to see, etc. It will all be last minute bookings.

One of the resorts that I was looking at is Dolphin Beach Resort in St. Petes and not to sure how it is.

I should be sailing in this coming Saturday, so if you see a white BigHorn ED from Ontario with a boring plate number (was trying to get BORN2FLY but it got taken). Don't be afraid to honk.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The weather right now if fantastic, The Holiday Inn in Siesta Key is very nice , but getting a deal now most likely isn't going to happen it's our busy season, And if you call for a room there request a room on the ocean side about 5 floors up or higher if possible the view is great especially early morning and sunset it's great (worth altering plans to get room there on ocean side with balcony)It's basically centrally located a couple miles from the circle , very nice walking and eating area ( it's pricey) the Columbia restaurant is good eating and about 5 miles away there's a place called The Lobster Pot , it's been excellent every time I've eaten there ( stuffed lobster with crab meat ) and there's another circle there to sit for people watching, lots of exotic cars ,home made donuts right out the door of lobster pot for desert there really good . Any kids? About 2 .5 hours from Lego Land 3.5 hours from Disney and all those attractions all good roads for traveling except once you get around Disney area . Any questions just ask I'm happy to help out if possible.
The Florida Strawberry festival ends Sunday and it's in Plant City about 30-45 minutes from St. Petersburg, it's a big carnival , lot of things happening there live entertainment The Band Perry performs Sunday

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Too crowded here. You will not like it as much as just riding around enjoying your new truck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weather right now if fantastic, The Holiday Inn in Siesta Key is very nice , but getting a deal now most likely isn't going to happen it's our busy season, And if you call for a room there request a room on the ocean side about 5 floors up or higher if possible the view is great especially early morning and sunset it's great (worth altering plans to get room there on ocean side with balcony)It's basically centrally located a couple miles from the circle , very nice walking and eating area ( it's pricey) the Columbia restaurant is good eating and about 5 miles away there's a place called The Lobster Pot , it's been excellent every time I've eaten there ( stuffed lobster with crab meat ) and there's another circle there to sit for people watching, lots of exotic cars ,home made donuts right out the door of lobster pot for desert there really good . Any kids? About 2 .5 hours from Lego Land 3.5 hours from Disney and all those attractions all good roads for traveling except once you get around Disney area . Any questions just ask I'm happy to help out if possible.
The Florida Strawberry festival ends Sunday and it's in Plant City about 30-45 minutes from St. Petersburg, it's a big carnival , lot of things happening there live entertainment The Band Perry performs Sunday
Thanks for a nice write up. The Holiday Inn is what I'm looking for but not getting days that i want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the area, my family always stays at the Sandcastle on Gulf Blvd just up from there in Indiana Rocks Beach.

I wish I could make the drive down this year when I get my new truck.

Enjoy

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts