RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my 2015 today and the 17" wheel option is open with 3.92 rear end for the Big Horn (not available late 2014 builds). I have seen some 17's on some trucks that I really don't like. The 17's on the Outdoorsman I like but I don't think they are "clad". Thanks in advanced!!

I've attached my build sheet for viewing. Hopefully I did it right - Its a PDF

View attachment 2015 Ram BH Build Sheet.pdf

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have them. When I ordered, I assumed they were plated. NOT. It's like a chromed plastic hub cap on an aluminum wheel. Not sure if they are removeable or not , i havnt looked real hard at them. The 17"ers are a minus $500 option. They look fine from a distance and will suffice for me till the tires wear out the I will replace them. The standard 20"s are plastic clad as well. You may want to opt for polished aluminum, or like me get the cheapest and go with some aftermarket wheels later on.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them. When I ordered, I assumed they were plated. NOT. It's like a chromed plastic hub cap on an aluminum wheel. Not sure if they are removeable or not , i havnt looked real hard at them. The 17"ers are a minus $500 option. They look fine from a distance and will suffice for me till the tires wear out the I will replace them. The standard 20"s are plastic clad as well. You may want to opt for polished aluminum, or like me get the cheapest and go with some aftermarket wheels later on.
Oh man those are the ones I do NOT like at all. I was hoping they were going to be like the Outdoorsman 17" wheel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
CB919, when I orderded my 2014 Big Horn the brochure and build sheet indicated that the Polished Aluminum wheels were stock BUT i could opt for the chrome clad wheels. When I got the truck the chrome clad wheels were on it. The dealer advised that their system indicated chrome clad were stock and polished aluminum were the option.

And remember the chrome clad are not solid chrome wheels but a pastic cover attached to the wheel with a very strond glue that will not come off.

All I'm trying to say is confirm on the dealers system which wheel you have actually attached to the vehicle.

It cost my dealer a free bedlining spray to make it right for me...lol

Cheers and good luck.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This option is a $500 deduct from the stock price. The stock wheel with no cost change is either the 20x8 chrome clad alum or 20x9 polished alum. I'll just have to verify if they are like rmaestas and if so switch to the 20x9 and try to sell them for aftermarkets 17's. 17's are just better in snow and just all around for me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
not a close-up.. but it's what I have right now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
CB919, these are the wheels i have, mine look brighter chrome, not sure if its just the lighting in the DR.s photo. Read your brochure carefully, mine stated chrome clad 20s for the bighorn. not sure what Drako read at his time of order. Polished will probably cost you more but be an easier sell later. or you can take the - 500 for wheels like mine and apply that toward something more to your liking...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked the dealer to switch to the 20x9 polished alum today. I just cannot stand those wheels! No offense to those those have them. I may try to work out a trade or put them up for sale and use $ to get aftermarket 17". The 20s look sweet I just like the practicality and tire selection of the 17" wheel.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@SLOJET - U already swapped for Michelin tires?

Thanks for the pictures. They actually look different (better)on your truck.

CB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts