RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The dealer where I bought my truck is one of the largest in the southeast. They typically have (or at least advertise that they have) 1300 new Rams in stock. They currently have three used ED’s listed on their website. I‘lol call them tomorrow and ask about those trucks and if they can actually sell them given that there is a safety recall on them that can’t be completed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I called a very large Ram dealer this morning. They currently have three used ED’s listed on their website. I was told by a salesperson that they are not able to sell those trucks until the VB1 recall can be completed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They cannot do that by law, and if some official dealers do that, it is on them; I think you can file a complaint against them to FCA. I don’t know what the procedure in this case is, but it is not right.
That’s why I want to be extremely attentive when buying my first car, not to catch one of those inconveniences. I want at least the first car to be good. I don’t have much savings and will have to buy a car for not more than $3k because it would be too financially bothering me. I hope I can find a good car for that money. There are pretty good old Volvos for this price, and I will consider this option too. Also, https://zumroad.com/automotive is here to help to choose based on their reviews.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
646 Posts
I noticed fwiw that Elk Grove dodge is advertising eco diesels again at $18k off. And not long after the recall dropped they had pulled the ads so I’m thinking something has changed
About a month after your post, they were advertising again at $20k off. That must be when the VB1 recall was taken care of on the new ones. They said they had 800 or a thousand EDs!!! I missed out on $500 of the rebates because I wasn't trading in a Chrysler product, but 45% off wasn't too bad.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts