RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
I pull my Jayco 264BH with hitch of 530 pounds. I also load a 500 pound ATV in the truck bed. I have a WDH. I have no idea on weight on rear axle with that. I would think probably at max capacity. I added air springs and bigger tires. If you don't have the towing mirrors add them. Truck handles the weight fine

· Registered
245 Posts
I had 4 adults and 2 kids 8n the cab. Truck bed had a 1968 20hp Johnson outboard. 2 inner and outer fenders for a 1998 Ram. Firewood 4 bicycles 2 electric scooters. Plus more camping gear. I loaded more items in rear storage of camper behind wheels to counter act tough weight. Will never duplicate thar load again. I do occasionally load a 500 pound in truck bed with camper too . I know it's probably over axle weight. But no Scales in the area.

· Registered
245 Posts
I meant to add that I can level the load by my air springs but that does not mean the front axle still has weight. You can air up bags all day long but your steering axle weight won't change much. My TT weight 4600 empty. My cat scale trailer axle weight was 5500. Before counting tough weight trailer was probably slightly over max weight but was a brand new trailer

· Registered
245 Posts
I pull trailer almost every weekend or carry Atv in truck bed and a trailer too. I just hit 46k miles on my BFG All terrain. They will make it to 50k. Stupid Tire kingdom that sold me the tires wouldn't air them to 50 psi because door shows stock tires at 40 psi. They would only put 40 psi in. Even though I had bigger BFG that needed 50 PSI.
It's important to watch pressure for tire wear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts