RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here and have no clue what it is...I am assuming we fill it like the diesel when it gets low?? Where do u get it, how much is it etc...

·
Registered
241 Posts
That is your diesel exhaust fluid and you are according to Ram to be able to get 10,000 miles out of a tank full. I think that I am in the majority here and do not think that it is going to last 10,000 miles. You can get the fluid a multitude of places from wal-mart, auto parts store, auto dealership to truck stops (they have it at the truck pumps and is probably the cheapest place to get it at around $2.75 a gallon or in that range).

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is your diesel exhaust fluid and you are according to Ram to be able to get 10,000 miles out of a tank full. I think that I am in the majority here and do not think that it is going to last 10,000 miles. You can get the fluid a multitude of places from wal-mart, auto parts store, auto dealership to truck stops (they have it at the truck pumps and is probably the cheapest place to get it at around $2.75 a gallon or in that range).
How many gallons of DEF do the trucks hold?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have driven 3000 miles and I have used about a half tank. At this point I doubt the truck will get 10,000 miles to a tank. I filled up at the local truck stop and I only paid $3 a gallon for it. If I get 6,000 miles to a tank I'm not going to complain that much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts