RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My truck shipped about 5 days ago. Is there any way to track a shipped truck? I'd like to know if it's a few days away, or a few weeks away.

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
You can always call ram customer service and see what they say some reps are knowledgeable others not so much they should have an eta if it has shipped.

·
Registered
177 Posts
According to my dealer not very well. All they could tell me was it was on a truck and that was the day it was being delivered. Ram customer service could only give me a shipping date.

·
Registered
65 Posts
From another forum. .......

Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say TTGX (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR A EXPLANATION for me.My truck shipping routes were supposed to be on rail car from Warren Mi. To Chicago then west to Minn. Then on a truck east to Green Bay Wi. I foind out yesterday that it is on a train to Kanas. Does this kind of sh-t happen often? Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR A EXPLANATION for me.My truck shipping routes were supposed to be on rail car from Warren Mi. To Chicago then west to Minn. Then on a truck east to Green Bay Wi. I foind out yesterday that it is on a train to Kanas. Does this kind of sh-t happen often? Has anyone heard of this?
The rail guys may be able to explain it although trying to understand truck delivery is a sure way to go mad. When I was wondering how my truck might travel across the country I studied the rail maps. As expected it headed west to Portland, Oregon where it now sits.

In your case there are many possible routes, none of which involve Kansas. There is probably some ulterior motive where the rail car will backtrack because the direct routes were unavailable and that was the best they could do. Kansas is only a couple of days by freight rail from Minnesota. If it continues south I would worry.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Check the news (I saw a recent article somewhere, but can't find it) - but I believe there is also a massive delay on trains running in/out of Chicago. So they may have actually done you a favor, routing it elsewhere.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The auto racks leaving the assembly plant are delivered to Chicago via NS RR if I am not mistaken, the last car I tracked was in their hands to Chicago. If the car was not part of an auto train then it got mixed up in a manifest ( junk ) train. Single cars or small groups can be in a junk train and switched out when that train arrives at it's destination. If the car is tossed into the wrong track or it's in a group of other auto racks someone can simply miss it thinking it goes with the others. I know here in Fort Worth these ding dongs won't bother digging out one or two cars wrongfully placed in a train, they just send it and let it get turned around down line. The main reason is what they call originating station ( OS ), that is the time that a train is scheduled to leave a yard. They don't care what they have to do to make the OS as long as they make it. I am surprised it was not caught sooner but then again it is UP and you can't spell stupid without UP.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yesterday my truck was in Armourdale Kansas. Today I moved west half way across the state and my truck is in Kansas City. How do I get this train to stop and turn around to Green Bay Wi??¿?????????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Buy them a map!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts