RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab 4x4 EcoDiesel w/ Air Suspension
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a question for our Canadian counterparts... has FCA offered a VA7/V08/V11 (or whatever #) update for your trucks to remedy some of the problems with the AEM? I ask because I have one of those cross-border "dumped' vehicles. Took it to my local dealer to have the EGR recall completed and the service adviser noted that they don't see a VA7 update for my truck (but have for others); we speculate it's because of its Canadian origins. Curious as the VA7 update seems to be a prerequisite for the only GDE tune available here in the states.

Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Canadian here ... and my truck is stock. I have had the AEM and the VA7 update to the AEM as well as the EGR cooler replaced. I had the VA7 and EGR cooler done at the same time about six weeks ago. I have two trucks so I just took my Ram into the dealer (who didn't want it left there due to short supply of coolers) and just left it there. It was done within the week.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I just had my cooler done and they put V16 software on my ECM. Don't know where that fits into the scheme of things but it was a dog on takeoff when I picked it up. It was soon resolved. :)

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
V16 is Canadian equivalent to the AEM , ( just no $$ and no extended warranty ).
dusterman , since you just had it done I don't know if they updated the flash to be like the better running version US owners
( describe as better than original AEM ,,,called VA7 ) , wonder if they call it still V16 and just get it to run better ,
and I know John Bartley , you had no issues with first version V16 .;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I know John Bartley , you had no issues with first version V16 .;)
Nope, none .... and that's baffling to those of us who had no issues .... what's different about "OUR" trucks ??? Hmmm? Are they gonna get to 100,000km and toss a rod ... just because?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nope, none .... and that's baffling to those of us who had no issues .... what's different about "OUR" trucks ??? Hmmm? Are they gonna get to 100,000km and toss a rod ... just because?
Back in November I ran 2 tanks with Diesel Kleen and all my AEM issues went away. I'm assuming that all my horrible AEM issues were related to dirty injectors. With VA7 it runs even better and i periodically run a tank with max dose of Diesel Kleen.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Back in November I ran 2 tanks with Diesel Kleen and all my AEM issues went away. I'm assuming that all my horrible AEM issues were related to dirty injectors. With VA7 it runs even better and i periodically run a tank with max dose of Diesel Kleen.
Having read all the threads that have to do with poor performance and mechanical failures etc, etc, my thinking goes along the lines that there must be some cases of bad fuel out there and those are not being discovered.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab 4x4 EcoDiesel w/ Air Suspension
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate everyone's response. Appears I need to sit down with the service advisor and dig deeper.

While diesel is heavily regulated in terms of quality, there can be an extensive proliferation of poor fuel, mostly due to the supply chain (moving it around) and not so much from manufacturing of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts