RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing a new RAM 1500. My wife and I have two kids in car seats, both forward facing and both greater than 45 pounds. This means they've outgrown the latch system and require seatbelt installs for their carseats. My concern is that Consumer Reports states "infant seats were impossible to tightly secure in the outboard seats. This is because the retention loop on the seat belt -- typically in the middle of the shoulder strap -- is too high and limits the ability to remove slack from the belt."

Has anyone experienced this? Is it really impossible to properly install a carseat using the seatbelt?

Thank you!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not sure what CR means. I have 3 in mine, currently 1 car seat and 2 booster seats. The seats all fit snugly with little movement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies! If you don’t mind my asking, what year RAM do you each have? CR mentioned it specifically for the 2019 and 2020 models

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I have had 3 in the backseat at once. Currently have a booster a rear facing, but have had a rear facing and front facing.

I don't pretend to be an expert on the requirements, but how old are the kids. My oldest is 5 years old 40 something pounds and is in a booster. I got them out of a car seat and into a booster asap. Never had trouble securing any of the seats and almost all have directions on the side/back of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts