RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up my new truck last Monday. Loving the truck so far, coming from a 2010 f150 this truck is night and day! One issue I am having is while driving when I activate the cargo cam the screen turns blue then kicks back out to the last menu.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
Cargo cam(the one that looks in the bed)? Was it a dealer installed? Didn't think the cargo cam was offered in the 1500.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Does the cargo cam work when the truck is standing still? If it does then it is set up to not display when moving. I know in some states, not sure about Canada, it is illegal to display any type of movie or live action in the front driver/passenger compartment where the driver can see it. This may be the case here.

Second the comment about a 1500 cargo cam being available. Not aware if it is offered as an option for the 1500, but things do change.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Give us more info on this cargo cam. And your truck? I wonder if it is used with aftermarket accessories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was installed at the factory, its my backup camera on the tailgate. The sales person explained that being able to view the tailgate camera while in motion is a new feature for 2016. Its a 2016 SLT Crew Cab with Uconnect 8.4.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
If it's a new feature, sounds like FCA doesn't have the all the bugs worked out.
Both the Lockpick Air and the Rax Jailbreak both state that the power to the Tailgate cam is turned off when the vehicle is goes over 10 mph, this is for previous model years.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wonder if the sales person isn't confusing a 2500/3500 with a 1500. The 2500/3500 can have an extra camera (bed camera) mounted in the third brake light which can be turned on and view the bed and trailer behind.

2016 Ram HDs Will Offer New Camera Option - PickupTrucks.com News

Check back with the dealer, it may be a software update for the radio that wasn't applied.

Update and let us know what you find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts