RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the Carli Commuter for my eco i wanna run a 20x9 +1 offset with a nitto ridge grappler that being said i know i get 2" lift up front but im having a hard time deciding on a size i was leaning towards 35x11.5, 35.12.5, 295/60 which is 33.9"x11.77" i want to clear it all day fully at any flex with no rub and i need my front mud flaps for sure. im leaning towards the 295/60 whats your opinions this is my first ED and want to choose the right size thanks guys

Lee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another question is why doesnt this kit come with upper control arms to correct the geometry? is there going to be premature ball joint wear? or worse yet breaking the upper ball joint off from having it at a bad angle?

·
Vendor
36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply and the links to look into, with any luck i can decide on tires soon i feel the 295x60 might be a good choice then too being less than 35 and not as wide

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Carli does a great job of increasing wheel travel and softening the ride with little down sides. Some 2 inch front lifts well clear 35’s on these trucks with the correct wheels but it would be best to stick to about a 34 if you dont want to trim especially with a carli suspension.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I went with the Carli Kit and have been happy so far. Haven't had much of a chance to get off road though or write up a full report.

As far as geometry goes, I don't think people have had much issue at 2" on that front. I ended up replacing the stock UCAs though with Mevotech UCAs. They are no different in terms of angle, but are forged instead of stamped. It was only about $100 for the pair and happy I did it since I destroyed the originals trying to break everything loose.

I kept my stock 17" wheels so I might not be of too much help. But I am running a 34" (285/75r17) with no rubbing issues to speak of.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Carli Kit and have been happy so far. Haven't had much of a chance to get off road though or write up a full report.

As far as geometry goes, I don't think people have had much issue at 2" on that front. I ended up replacing the stock UCAs though with Mevotech UCAs. They are no different in terms of angle, but are forged instead of stamped. It was only about $100 for the pair and happy I did it since I destroyed the originals trying to break everything loose.

I kept my stock 17" wheels so I might not be of too much help. But I am running a 34" (285/75r17) with no rubbing issues to speak of.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
thanks for the info keep me posted with a good write up on how you like the kit im really thinking this will be the best kit and 295/60 on a 9wide 0 offset should be good to go i would think got any pics of your truck you could share

·
Registered
217 Posts
thanks for the info keep me posted with a good write up on how you like the kit im really thinking this will be the best kit and 295/60 on a 9wide 0 offset should be good to go i would think got any pics of your truck you could share
Apologies for the late response, things have been pretty crazy with work lately. Haven't had much off-road time with it yet, but on-road is amazing. The road salt and freeze thaw cycles do a number on our roads up here. The kit and tires make the street ride much more comfortable. I've also noticed body roll has decreased dramatically.

Some photos:

20180326_153113 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

20180608_163802_HDR by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

2018-04-21 14.39.56 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

2018-04-21 14.41.27 by ebeiersdorfer, on Flickr

·
Registered
4 Posts
How was your ride quality affected by the switch to Falken tires (AT3Ws)? If i'm not mistaken, those are an E rated tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts