RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading about prices on used trucks going up.

Are there any companies actually making cash offers on our trucks?

Who?

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm not too sure this is very relevant anymore, but I traded my 2015 Outdoorsman in January 1st and got $22500 for the trade. Mine had 78k miles, crew cab, long(er) bed, the big screen, cloth seats, rear axle airbags, tri-fold bed cover and was over all in great shape.
Comparing everything else, I'm sure I would get more from Car Max, Vroom, or Carvana today.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Its likely a great time to sell, but if you need to replace it with something after selling it I would approach with caution.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Last month, I sold my 2013 Cadillac CTS coupe to Carvana for $1k more in cash than what I owed on it. I no longer needed it because my wife is working from home now. I only had the car for about 16 months, and was able to get more than I owed for it even though I didn't put much money down when I bought it. The prices of some used cars and trucks are getting insane. Vroom and CarMax also will make cash offers for used vehicles.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Reading about prices on used trucks going up.

Are there any companies actually making cash offers on our trucks?

Who?

Thanks
I'd get offers from Vroom and Shift and possibly Carvana. This chip shortage has prices all over the place. As others have pointed to, yes you'll get more money for your trade-in but you'll pay more for your purchase if you can find one and so many new autos are selling over sticker. I'd wait if you can.

·
Super Moderator
2,663 Posts
I did Carvana on mine a couple hours ago. 22,500. Carmax 28,500???? kBB 28k-32k. Prices all over The place.

Reactions: OldMiner

·
Registered
16 Posts
KBB currently has my truck (2015 Lonestar crew cab, 16,500 miles) between $35 - 39k for trade value, tried their own cash offer and it was $30,400. CarMax has dropped their offer from just over $30k to $29k. Vroom offered me some bullsh*t like $27k. Gonna go for a drive round the local dealers tomorrow and see which lots are looking the most empty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts