RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 eco diesel that I have installed a catch can on. my problem is that I get a check engine light with a PO4DB code which I think indicates an air leak. I rechecked the connections to make sure they are all secure had the check engine light reset but the light came back on after a few miles. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have a 2018 eco diesel that I have installed a catch can on. my problem is that I get a check engine light with a PO4DB code which I think indicates an air leak. I rechecked the connections to make sure they are all secure had the check engine light reset but the light came back on after a few miles. any suggestions?
Hi: JJC... This is exactly why I don't have one. These EcoD's don't need any more reasons to throw a code!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,309 Posts
I have no idea, but I have read where a larger diameter hose fixed that problem

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a catch can on my '17 Ecodiesel. When I first installed it at 1285 miles, it threw a code. I disconnected it until I installed my GDE tune. I reconnected the catch can and haven't had a code since. The stock tune is really sensitive to the crank case pressure. Like Mr. Jensen mentioned, a larger diameter hose might help.

·
Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
447 Posts
my 15 came with a catch can when I bought it.. one hose has a bit of a kink I thought would be restrictive in it but its never effected operation. I drain blck oil from it from time to time and no codes. stupid question but are you sure the drain valve is closed and not open on the bottom of the can? mine has an unusual spring loaded locking valve.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Quite possible you'll have to change hose length or diameter until you don't get a code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts