RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remote started my truck with the key fob today like i always do and it shut itself off a few seconds later. When I got in the truck a message on the dash says remote start disabled. I started the truck myself and the CEL is now lit up. Used my Torque Pro App and OBDII Bluetooth adapter to read the codes. It’s a code I’ve never seen before P1DB8. A quick google search and I find it’s for “unintended torque applied while in neutral”. I found a post on the Jeep Forum where this code turned into a replacement transmission valve body and then eventually a new transmission under warranty. I’m hoping this isn’t the case for me. Any one here had this code pop up? Last month I installed the GDE Trans Tune and Hot Tune. I’m hoping this isn’t related to the tunes as I love the responsiveness of the truck now. I thought I was going to be done with CELs when I went with GDE (lots of DEF/emissions codes prior to the GDE tune). I’m 90,000 miles on the truck currently and have driven about 1,000 miles with the GDE trans tune installed. I restarted the truck and the code remained. I then cleared the code with the torque pro app and it didn’t immediately return. I’m a little nervous now about running this trans tune. Any advice?

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
I don't recall seeing that code mentioned before. If it is indeed an issue with the transmission valve body, I highly doubt it would be related to the tune.

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
If it's related to the TCM??? you could try reinstalling the trans flash. Better yet, run it by GDE.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I’ve emailed GDE for input. I’m hoping maybe it’s a just fluke code or GDE has seen it before and there’s some parameter they can change to prevent it from happening again. I’m really hoping I don’t need to have the dealership do any trans work. But we’ll see, i can always flash it back to stock if i need to take it in for warranty. The extra flashes on the TCM flash counter makes me nervous when taking into dealer for warranty coverage, even though i know it’s highly unlikely it’ll be an issue, it’s still on my mind.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, ask GDE.

Did you clear the code and has it reappeared?
I cleared the code and it did not immediately reappeared when i restarted the truck. But I’ve only started it that once just to see if it would reappear. I’ll see what GDE says when they reply to my email during business hours. It drove fine when the CEL was on. Unless something changes I plan to keep driving it and see if it reappears.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
The extra flashes on the TCM flash counter makes me nervous when taking into dealer for warranty coverage, even though i know it’s highly unlikely it’ll be an issue, it’s still on my mind.
Do you even know the TCM has a flash counter? I wouldn't sweat it. The stock trans tune is easy to flash back if you need to take it in.

I recommend calling GDE Monday afternoon if you haven't heard back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts