RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Celtic Tuning DPF, EGR, DEF, Muffler Delete

12K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Phantom3.0 
#1 ·
"Celtic Tuning" in the UK offers a DPF, DEF, EGR, Muffler delete program for your truck's (3.0L Ecodiesel) computer and they have guys in Canada & the US who can tune. Just send them an email and they can give you phone numbers of guys who can do it.

Price:

$550 for the guy in Ontario, Canada

Procedure:

Send them your truck's computer with express shipping and within 3 days you should get it back all tuned up.

You can get "race" pipe from Flo-Pro which replaces the DPF and DEF parts of your exhaust and has two inlets for O2 sensors. If you have a duel exhaust and want to keep it, you will have to get a welder to make a Y-pipe and attach.

A store in Canada has had one running for a month now with 10,000 km on it and no problems and I heard a guy in SK has his truck tuned and deleted now - no word on fuel economy but they say the truck is a totally different beast

(Note: I have not done it my self so I don't know how good these guys are or if they're even legit but I think they're a big company)

(Note#2: This is for off-road/race applications only of course - doing this means you probably won't be legal for the streets)

See less See more
#4 ·
I am guessing that you will not see many/any dealers in the US with our overzealous EPA having more power than god.....

Just my opinion...

Mike

#3 ·
No ^^^

#7 ·
Just send Celtic Tuning an email from their website. They will reply within a day or two usually and let you know where the vendors are.

P.S. you do not need a Y-pipe if you keep your muffler. I just got the flo-pro pipes for $300 with shipping and they attached right on to the turbo and muffler. You will need to cut the pipe though unless you have a long box crew cab which vendors can usually do for free if you buy from them.

Wayne

#12 ·
Don't forget this is a V-6 engine. I've heard very few V-6 engines sound good because of the firing order. Most will sound somewhere between a fart canon to an angry bumble bee.

My personal preference is to just have this truck run correctly without continued trips to service. I'm happy with the sound of the diesel & that's it for me. If it was a V-8 gas, different story:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.