RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the honeymoon is over.

I thought finding a rubberband under the back seats would be the only surprise with the truck....but, it's not. When installing the cabin air filter, I noticed the passenger side of the center console isn't installed correctly. Where the console meets with the center dash (the black/silver transition point above around the map holder pockets and below the dials/controlls) the installers got the drivers side perfectly aligned, but seemed to have completely missed the passenger side.

Has anyone seen a guide or video on disassembly of the console? Found a few for like a 2006 model, and in all fairness, I've been pressed for time and haven't given it a good looking at yet, so it may be pretty darn simple to correct.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Dealer too. I already paid for them to do. But that's just me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got annoyed enough posting this and just went out, looked and fixed it here @ work. The panel isn't part of the console, just it's own little piece. Quick, simple, and looks like it should now.

Nothing further to see here....move along....:D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I got annoyed enough posting this and just went out, looked and fixed it here @ work. The panel isn't part of the console, just it's own little piece. Quick, simple, and looks like it should now.

Nothing further to see here....move along....:D
WHAT?! And you didn't film a How-To video for the rest of us?! Geez, at a minimum you could have snapped some pics and built a PDF with written instructions. I mean, am I asking too much here? Possibly a nice stop-motion animation of the actual work? Did you even TRY calling George Lucas to see if he was available to help with a video?!

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy you're happy...but, ah, your happiness won't keep me warm at night. Won't put food on my table...and worse...your happiness won't fix MY truck if the small plastic panel on the passenger side of my console ever gets outta whack...!

...and I'll wrap up by saying this...

Don't ya just love it when the fix is simple and removes a bothersome issue quickly. :)

*save for the last line, this entire post has been plasti-coated in sarcasm... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts