RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Center Console Vault

8K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  tmoritz 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has installed these before and/or were thinking about doing so? If so, curious to know how easy-to-install and how secure the product is. Any other considerations ?

Dodge Ram 1500 Full Floor Console

#2 ·
Ive been looking at this exact option as well. Very disappointed that this truck comes with so much storage with no locking storage doors.

#3 ·
Looks good! Not sure who is in charge of that site, but they should check their pricing...
Dodge Ram 1500 Full Floor Console
Item Id: 1028-DR1500
Retail Price: $289.00
Your Savings: $20.00
Your Price: $279.00
On sale:
$304.00
Availability:
In Stock
Free Shipping

#10 ·
Randy...
I did not miss your posting as the others did. That pricing is a joke. My take on it is second grade.

Math is taught in second grade using a head and a pencil, not a calculator. Then you have to look at the results and see if it makes "common sense".

That math makes "nonsense".

#11 ·
Looks like a drop-in unit and they claim 10-minute installation. Unclear how it is attached to the plastic console but it looks like simple tamperproof screws which would be easy to rip out. Thieves would just take the whole unit.

Mopar offers a few locking storage accessories such as the RamBox, Under Floor Storage Lock, and Glovebox Lock. These would discourage the unprepared thief, and the under floor boxes are hidden under the floor mat.

My Jeep CJ had several locking compartments that were bolted to the metal body (I had to drill holes). They were very secure although the vehicle itself was easy to break into. Something similar could be mounted in the bed of the pickup. Truck Vault is one example.

#16 ·
I have it installed at present.

It is very durable and thick guage. The combo lock is decent.

Install is a breeze. You slide it in, you open it, you use a wrench on four bolts that burrow holes into the plastic console. You'll never get it out without a crowbar and you'd destroy the console in the process. (Break in / forced entry)

The door is fairly small. You're not going to store a full size 1911 in there for quick access. A compact .380 auto or j-frame .38 will draw out of there cleanly.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.