285/70/17 and speedo is close to same .
620 revolutions per mile summer tires
617 revolutions per mile winter tires
do your comparaisons on this page : https://tiresize.com/comparison/
find what you like .
------------------------------------
any one ever use that new technology , instead of chains ,,,
looks like a nylon stocking on a tire ,
never heard of that before today ...https://www.oktire.com/fr/accessoires/autosock/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyMTP3sm15QIVxJ6zCh2z1Ad_EAAYASAAEgJjWPD_BwE

sorry for french page , but there must be english equivalent out there ,
Ive looked into those a lot they work very well but dont hold up for long and if driven on any bare pavement well get destroyed in miles. They are a great option for vehicles that cant fit chains but thats about it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have tried chains on the 20" tires on my 2015 ED. If you cut the chain so that there are no dangling extra links, they do fit on the rear. (A single extra link wired tight to the inner chain would probably work but if it came loose the brake line would be in jeopardy). On the front, they simply do not clear. It would take a spacer of at least 1.5" to move the wheel out far enough for chains to clear. Chains on the rear aren't of much use in mud and deep snow. They just provide a little extra traction to push you farther in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
123 Posts
In the rear with the 1 1/4 spacers the sidewall of my 275/65R20 tires is 2 3/4" away from the brake line. BUT here is what I think people are missing, yes if you look in under the truck from the rear the brake line looks close. BUT If you crawl under my truck and look at the brake line from the side view the loop in the line that is closest to the tire lines up close to the edge of the 20" diameter wheel. In other words if it was possible to push the brake line sideways until it touched it would rub on the 20" wheel not on the tire. OK the side walls on my tires are 6" tall, the OD of the tires is approximately 34", the side chain on my chains locates 3" down the sidewall so at 28" diameter, the brake line is way IN from the chain, they are not even close.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts