RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I do this? I do not want to have to order anything crazy expensive. Also, dealerships will only change it to a factory spec size tire. Mine are larger than anything they offer from the factory. Guess it's saving miles on my truck, thanks Ram!

Also, how would I figure my gas mileage? Truck had 275/60 before, and 275/65 now. I heard there's a way to figure mpg based off percentage of tire difference vs gps odometer reading, or something to that effect.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Here's an option:
Hypertech Speedometer/Odometer Recalibration Programmer - # 752501 (Jet.com)

Edit:
Not sure it will work on Ecodiesel. You need check with mfgr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an option:
Hypertech Speedometer/Odometer Recalibration Programmer - # 752501 (Jet.com)

Edit:
Not sure it will work on Ecodiesel. You need check with mfgr
Trying to go cheap ;-) Don't need to spend a bunch of money on something I'm gonna use one time, and is going to essentially put 'more' miles on my odometer. Next set of tires I am looking at Dick Cepek Trail Country in 275/60/20 (OEM size) so I do not have to mess with calibrating tire size, and should save mpg also (20 pounds per tire lighter than what I currently have).

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Trying to go cheap ;-) Don't need to spend a bunch of money on something I'm gonna use one time, and is going to essentially put 'more' miles on my odometer. Next set of tires I am looking at Dick Cepek Trail Country in 275/60/20 (OEM size) so I do not have to mess with calibrating tire size, and should save mpg also (20 pounds per tire lighter than what I currently have).
your previous post shows your tires as 34.2" diameter which is 1.2" more than the stock tires. 34.2 divided by 33 = 1.03636 or roughly 3.6% more. Multiply your odometer readings and speedometer readings by 1.036 to get actual mileage and speed. So 65 mph indicated is 67.36mph and 500 miles indicated is 518 miles. 28 mpg indicated on your evic is actually 29 mpg. You can use the 1.036 multiplier for indicated speed, mileage and mpg.

All the best,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your previous post shows your tires as 34.2" diameter which is 1.2" more than the stock tires. 34.2 divided by 33 = 1.03636 or roughly 3.6% more. Multiply your odometer readings and speedometer readings by 1.036 to get actual mileage and speed. So 65 mph indicated is 67.36mph and 500 miles indicated is 518 miles. 28 mpg indicated on your evic is actually 29 mpg. You can use the 1.036 multiplier for indicated speed, mileage and mpg.

All the best,
You rock, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
you are welcome. I like cheap too when it is appropriate and surely is this time. All the best with your new truck!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
When in doubt, check speedometer against a gps for both mileage and speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts