RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long you might have to make a change to a truck order? I placed my truck order a 1 1/2 weeks ago and would like to add the park assist option (a friend talked me into it). I called the dealer and was told the truck was in "D" status and could not be changed. I don't want to delay my order but I would be a bit surprised if Dodge would not be able add this option this soon after I placed my order. Great forum, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
334 Posts
As long as it has not reached D1 status you should be able to make changes but it might delay the order slightly.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I was in D1 and got a change:

1 - call your saleman and ask the GM to handle this
2 - the GM can call the regional rep
3 - the regional rep can call the plant to request the change

I've *heard* reps are hot and cold on taking change requests, so I think it comes down to how good a relationship the GM has with the rep - but it CAN be done.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know how long you might have to make a change to a truck order? I placed my truck order a 1 1/2 weeks ago and would like to add the park assist option (a friend talked me into it). I called the dealer and was told the truck was in "D" status and could not be changed. I don't want to delay my order but I would be a bit surprised if Dodge would not be able add this option this soon after I placed my order. Great forum, thanks for your help.
Good choice - I have the parking sensors and I feel it makes parking significantly easier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts