RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
That's the "Over the Air" update. I still haven't seen one, but I think I got updated in the shop in November. The problem went from occasional to constant--every start and stop.
thanks for that...
update - I had periodic email "charging system" alerts (but not on the phone app or console) 12/21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 31 and 1/3, 1/5. I have been trying to drive often, with plenty of starting and stopping to see if there was a pattern. I couldn't tell if there was anything constant with the alerts other than no console or app messages which were occurring earlier. However, I have had no more alerts since 1/5, although I have started the truck many times since. I'm holding my breath and hoping that it is "all better now".

Today I got an app message and email (with, as before, no MIL or other warning light in the vehicle) telling me about a “Vehicle Electronic Throttle Control Alert.” Hadn’t seen that one before.

When I looked at the app, I noticed that “Electronic Throttle Control” is now the first item on the list (where “Charging System” used to be) and “Charging System” is missing entirely. So my operating hypothesis is that because they didn’t know another way to fix the problem, they removed the Charging System from the App/account system entirely, and so now the new first thing on the list trips instead as a result of whatever bug they have.

The funniest part is that every time I open the app, they tell me “Action Required!” and I should pay to subscribe to their services because of how valuable they are.

I love the truck. I hate the app.
I got an OTA update two days ago that may have fixed it. I was surprised that it seemed to download while the truck was not running. I still haven't driven it much, so I can't be completely sure yet, but at least the voltage before starting was 12.2 instead of mid-11s.

I also have different things showing up on the Health Report. Maybe they just show them randomly! These are from today and October.

UPDATE: @scotth, I had written this last night and forgot to post it. Perhaps our troubles are over--well, that one. My rearview camera quit working so I have to take it in anyway!
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.