RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bottom line up front. Cheap parabolic mirror is probably all you really need.

Details. I tow a 24' enclosed trailer so when I ordered a truck I ordered it with tow mirrors. That truck got stuck in QA Hold for a month so I got a truck off of a lot. But no tow mirrors.

The standard mirrors are almost good enough. If I could only see the edges of my trailer tires, I'd be happy. I got to looking at the problem and decided that the outer edge of the mirror is far enough outboard from the truck to give me the right angle, the problem was the plane of the mirror. If the outer inch of the mirror could be tilted in somehow, I'd be able to see my trailer tires. So I kept my eyes open for a blindspot mirror that would fit in the outer inch of the OEM mirror.

Auto Drive Low-Profile Blind Spot Mirrors, Black, 2-Pack: Car Safety & Car Security : Walmart.com

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
They do work. I put a rectangular one on my driver's side, kind of like yours. Then put a large round one on the passenger side to mostly see anything in my blind spot. They work.

Bought mine at Pep Boys but also just saw some that would work in the RV section at Walmart. Cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Looks good.

I always put "Round" mirrors on my vehicles. I like to be able to see around. But those look nicer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done several long roadtrips with these little mirrors now. They are definitely an improvement but they're not terrific. I think that they're just good enough that I'm going to keep them and not go with some real tow mirror solution. The little mirrors definitely give me a better view of traffic coming up behind me, but they don't quite let me see my tires. If I can just get my trailer TPMS to be reliable, I'll be ok with not seeing my tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts