RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon, I had my computer upgraded or flashed to satisfy the requirements for the emissions issue about a month ago. The light came on a few days later. I just left the dealership and they tell me they have to remove the top of the engine to possibly have to fix a “manifold intake runner performance issue” I have no idea what is. Has anyone else had this?

Codes are PCM P200B-00 and PCM P2D2E-00

And I also don’t know if this is covered under the warranty. The paperwork I got outlined what it covers, but I haven’t a clue if this is or not.

It’s a 2016 ED with 152k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,092 Posts
We have seen this a few times on the forum. The EGR allows soot to enter the intake and can wreak havoc on the swirl valves.

I only see the Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor and Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor covered under the extended warranty.

"The Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty"

If the repair is not covered you could consider the GDE tune. This will keep the swirl valves open and shutdown the EGR eliminating future issues.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have seen this a few times on the forum. The EGR allows soot to enter the intake and can wreak havoc on the swirl valves.

I only see the Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor and Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor covered under the extended warranty.

"The Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan
for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether
the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty"

If the repair is not covered you could consider the GDE tune. This will keep the swirl valves open and shutdown the EGR eliminating future issues.
Tuesday I brought the truck in because

1 It was using about a gallon of coolant every few weeks.

2 it had the check engine light on

3 it kept having service electronic throttle warning pop up eventually it just flashed on the dash all the time. It would take a full 2 mins to get to 70 mph

4 I had 100% particulate filter full note show up too.

At first the dealership told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I got it back in 4 days. When I picked it up, the check engine light was on still, I asked them why and they ran it back to service and cleared it. They said it was a “cold start” code. And if it happened again the might have to replace the entire top half of the intake? And the warranty doesn’t cover it.

So I drove it about 3 hours. I just restarted it and the light came on again.

Anyways the warranty covered the particulate filter, which I’m sure they just made it regen itself, and it covered a new EGR. Coolant was leaking from the EGR. The truck smells like coolant now too. Anyone else have these issues?

I’ve seen numerous posts. I figure the EGR delete is the best option from everything I see here.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Your last sentence says it all. Sad that has to be done in some form or another but it's too often a reality.

Those with GDE Hot Tune turn the darn thing off. Think you even may be able to block it off and use the same tune while keeping DPF Others block it off, do the Off Road tune along with a full delete.

If the dealer is going to keep covering under warranty, stay with that a while. If not...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afternoon, I had my computer upgraded or flashed to satisfy the requirements for the emissions issue about a month ago. The light came on a few days later. I just left the dealership and they tell me they have to remove the top of the engine to possibly have to fix a “manifold intake runner performance issue” I have no idea what is. Has anyone else had this?

And I also don’t know if this is covered under the warranty. The paperwork I got outlined what it covers, but I haven’t a clue if this is or not.

Same issue with mine. It’s a 2015 with 164,000 miles. I had the update also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
I have same codes and I paid guys to instal gde tune with delete kit and same codes comes again after 30 s
GDE tune did not fix p200b and p2d2e
Looks like I still have to replace manifold ?
Any idea ?
Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys
I have same codes and I paid guys to instal gde tune with delete kit and same codes comes again after 30 s
GDE tune did not fix p200b and p2d2e
Looks like I still have to replace manifold ?
Any idea ?
Thank you
What did you end up doing to fix the issues ? I just had both the same engine codes come up

·
Registered
2 Posts

What did you end up doing to fix these issues ? My truck just showed the same codes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts