RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the dreaded light at 2100 miles. Took it to dealership last Tuesday. They came back and didn't even show me a code but the repair slip showed that they reflashed the PCM. Drove it home then yesterday the light came on again yesterday. DAMN and I told them last week I had a +2K mile trip this Wed. Took it to dealer and got an appointment for Monday first thing!! This shouldn't be happening on a brand new truck. Also noticed that after this check engine light the remote start function doesn't work correctly, truck starts then shuts off when you unlock the doors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine threw a code at 1400 miles; there is a TSB with a reflash which will probably cure it. Two software fixes, one recall & this new one. Check my posts and you will find the TSB # to direct your dealer towards. My dealer was great, fixed w/o appointment on a Sat in about an hour. Good Luck!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has been in twice starting at about 2400 miles. The catalytic converter temp sensor is defective. Parts Mgr said 211 requests for same part. Said my part would be in about July 17th. Not what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
something to keep in mind that applies to all ram/chrysler products is that it is ok to drive as long as the light is not flashing (2013+) if it is flashing, immediate service is required

·
Registered
231 Posts
my first light came in around 245 miles. Had at least 12 of them since. All related to the damn air suspension and keyless entry/start stuff. Been to the dealer twice and Im not going back till I know there is an absolute fix. Until then Ill rip the dealer on the surveys for wasting my time and lying to me about the fix being done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has been in twice starting at about 2400 miles. The catalytic converter temp sensor is defective. Parts Mgr said 211 requests for same part. Said my part would be in about July 17th. Not what I was hoping for.
Mine has same issue DPF temp sensor. Dealer ordered and claims it will be in next week!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Service manager also told me that I would be okay to take my 2200 mi trip to Texas and back even with the check engine light on and the faulty DPF temp sensor!!! Does this sound right????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check engine light went on at 600 miles. Tech ordered part and will be available for installation in 5 working days. I hope everything goes smoothly. I really enjoy the truck. I will update my progress. FIX IT AGAIN TONY? I hope not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine tossed the cat temp too; the TSB # I posted covers around 15 different codes and is as simple as software update. Ask dealer to check TSB's , fixed mine and no more problems.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got back from 2200 mile trip. DEF fluid needed fill when truck had 3600mi. On way back after DEF fill and about 400 more mi the check engine light went off. Rest of trip completed w/o issues. When we completed trip (4600 mi on truck) CEL still off and used 1/4 tank of the DEF! Dealer has part in and taking it in tomorrow to get the DPF temp sensor replaced. I'm guessing that all that freeway mileage at 70+mph and DEF burning cleared the soot well enough that the code cleared w/o active regen? Mpg avg was 26 on way to Beaumont (fm Albuquerque) and 23.5 on way back w/headwind in our face most of the way. Love the mileage. Will update after part is replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts