RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has happened to me twice now in the past year of owning my 2017 ED. The first was back in January, 60-70 degree day in South Florida, idling for about 30 minutes in a parking lot engine on after about a 15 minute drive. Light was on, no difference in driving and went off about 2 days later after not driving for those days. Drives totally normal for 10 months no issues. Fast forward to this past Monday and similar situation. Temps in low 70's, drive to pick up a Target order 5 minutes away then go thru a fast food drive thru that took about 10 minutes. Light came on and is now gone after 2 days of not driving.
I was planning on get the code checked at the auto store on Friday but now with nothing there it's not going to show anything I believe. Has anyone else experienced this before? Did I not give my truck a proper warm up even with doing some light driving?

Truck is 2017 with almost 84K miles. All stock, not deleted.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,461 Posts
Even though the CEL isn't on, some scanners can read stored codes.
As for a "proper warm up", your in Florida that would constitute no more then idle time it takes to walk from the house to the truck. Others may think that's too long and it's the amount of time it takes to put on the seatbelt and drop in gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts