RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum so far!

I'm considering an ecodiesel. Do any of you have any experience with the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards Program? I qualify and am figuring out how to approach the process. I did call my local dealer to verify they participate in the program. They say they do. I emailed Chrysler to see if the ecodiesel qualifies as well. I am thinking I'd want to special order exactly what I want which, at this point anyway, doesn't appear to be availavle. Quad Cab Mid Length box Outdoorsman with the 3.92's, a couple small options and air suspension.

I spent a number of years in auto sale in the late 80's and early 90's so know the drill to a degree. I know that dealers don't like to "see what they can sell" they like to "sell what they can see" in other words, trucks on the lot. Not sure if I'd get the run around trying to order a truck. I used to special order lots of new Fords for my customers and handled quite a few Ford A-Plan purchases which is a similar deal to Chryslers it seems.

Anyway, any input appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
With an affiliate program you should be at least 3% below invoice or your dealer is asking to much

·
Registered
274 Posts
To clarify Ram has a 3% hold back. The affiliate program gives you 1% below invoice automatically. this DOES NOT take away from the dealers holdback. you then get another 2% off the invoice bringing you to 3% below and giving the dealer 1%.

These numbers are a little sjewed because the hold back is off MSRP and were talking invoice so the dealer actually makes another $100 or so dollars on it. also you should be getting 3% below invoice BEFORE rebates and incentives. Well technically 2% because the affilate program is technically a rebate but it's figured in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$8500.00 consumer cash
$1500.00 truck owner rebate
$500.00 internet coupon from local dealer
$4000.00 Affiliate Reward Rebate.
This is what I've got locked in so far.

·
Registered
274 Posts
$8500.00 consumer cash
$1500.00 truck owner rebate
$500.00 internet coupon from local dealer
$4000.00 Affiliate Reward Rebate.
This is what I've got locked in so far.
That's all off MSRP I'd be more worried about what your getting below invoice. They can give you $20k off MSRP but if invoice is $30k below MSRP they're still making $10k plus their 3% holdback.

Also Ranger. Canadia gets bigger incentives but their MSRP is also higher. In the end it's a wash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$52K MSRP for what I ordered.
$47K Invoice for what I ordered.
Minus $14,500.
$37,500 before tax.
That being said, I still haven't heard anything about my truck being built.
All I know for sure is that I've put down $500 as a deposit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just printed it off the net. Might be a local thing.
Honestly, since I've done it I keep seeing it as a pop-up.
But it is a local dealers coupon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts