RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5500 km on my truck now and I'm just loving it. I got a call from Chrysler Canada telling me that they accidentally forgot to put Auto 4x4 on my Big Horn model. I noticed when i got it that it didn't have auto 4x4 and just thought that it wasn't part of the Big Horn package.
At the time i was disappointed but just assumed i was wrong.

Anyways, they were offering me compensation for the mistake. They said that the price of the option was $325 so they could re-imburse me for this amount. I know how this game works and told them that i don't want the money. I want the 4x4 auto option.

They informed me that their engineers investigated the possibility of retrofitting my truck with auto 4x4 and it wasn't technically possible due to software issues. This, I'm pretty sure is a lame excuse. I suspect it is just way too expensive to do the retrofit.

The way i left it was for the representative to go to her managers and inform them that i will not be taking the cash compensation and that i want my truck with the options i paid for.

I'm curious where this is going to go. They may have to give me a new truck as opposed to modifying this one.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The Big Horn - at least in Canada - is supposed to have the Auto option as standard. It is not selectable, etc. - so it should have been on the Truck. I also highly doubt it is a $325.00 difference - no way to prove that, but what I think. In terms of a retro - fit, I think it is more than just "Software". I would also think the Transfer Case that was installed would have to be swapped out, as the auto feature changes how it engages, etc.

I am with you - I was originally going to buy a Big Horn - primarilly because I wanted the Auto Option - that was the first model from base that it came standard on. I ended up with a Laramie - because the Wife said go ahead (she liked it better :D). But you paid for a Truck that should have come with Auto -> great they admitted to the Mistake - now it is theirs to follow through. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hell go for the new truck if you can swing it! After all you paid for it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts