RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.ramtrucks.com/vots/vehicle_status.html?firstName=&lastName=MALINOSKI&vin_last8=ES302638&orderno=von&fromLogin=true

On another page it actually gives me a VIN number. I find that hard to believe because it's not very long with only a couple letters at the start. Thought they assigned VIN numbers at the start of the actual build. All the numbers I have seen are much larger with multiple information unless it's the start of the number and more is added to it as production goes on.

If/when you purchase just include your email information and you will get updates.

·
Registered
366 Posts
https://www.ramtrucks.com/vots/vehicle_status.html?firstname=&lastname=malinoski&vin_last8=es302638&orderno=von&fromlogin=true

on another page it actually gives me a vin number. I find that hard to believe because it's not very long with only a couple letters at the start. Thought they assigned vin numbers at the start of the actual build. All the numbers i have seen are much larger with multiple information unless it's the start of the number and more is added to it as production goes on.

If/when you purchase just include your email information and you will get updates.
******************for anyone canadian save yourself the trouble, this is an american feature*********************

·
Registered
21 Posts
The portion of the vin that you were given is the last 8. At this point call Ram customer service and ask what the scheduled ship date is.

Olli

·
Registered
366 Posts
https://www.ramtrucks.com/vots/vehicle_status.html?firstName=&lastName=MALINOSKI&vin_last8=ES302638&orderno=von&fromLogin=true

On another page it actually gives me a VIN number. I find that hard to believe because it's not very long with only a couple letters at the start. Thought they assigned VIN numbers at the start of the actual build. All the numbers I have seen are much larger with multiple information unless it's the start of the number and more is added to it as production goes on.

I just spoke with my dealer, and the first manager I spoke to was mistaken. My order was the second order paid for at my dealership, and the first order took place on Dec. 30th. The truck they ordered will arrive on the 19th of February, so my manager estimated my truck would be an additional 8 days longer to arrive. SO, despite the order in which I ordered my truck everything my dealer has told me has been accurate. I also got the V.O.N. today, which he said I could have asked for much sooner(and that it's rare for clients to need it for anything). I'm thinking it could arrive anytime that week or likely first of the following week.

HAVE FAITH LADS, ITS ALMOST HERE!

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope mine does not come toward the end of March. I will be in Daytona for Bike Week early March. Then I come home to head to my hunting camp in Georgia until about the 24th or so. if it comes while I'm gone they are just going to have to hold it for me I guess.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hope mine does not come toward the end of March. I will be in Daytona for Bike Week early March. Then I come home to head to my hunting camp in Georgia until about the 24th or so. if it comes while I'm gone they are just going to have to hold it for me I guess.
If it came after the 14th of March it would frustrate me to no end but I'll have an extra paycheck to put away for incidentals. I'm really thinking first week of March I'll be able to have all my ordered parts arrive and installed: Carhartt seat covers, "Smoke" LED taillights, window tint, Leer cap, hood deflector and window vent visors. I also want to have it all professionally buffed up after the cap gets installed so the finishes match perfectly. I'll post pics when I pick it up, but I want a truck of the month spot so part of me is willing to wait a little longer lol.

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny you mention your "Wants". I am searching and preparing to order helper springs in the form of either Sumo or Air Cell bumper stops. Then have to get floor matts, deal with a cap, mud flaps and running boards. Also need an RDS fuel tank for the bed and then get ready to install all my amateur radio and CB antennas along with all the wiring and radio mounts. Vent shades and other little things will soon follow.

Replacing my truck is quite a project involving both time and money. It's been almost 11 years but does not seem very long ago I went through all this before. Just could never understand how people can buy new vehicles every couple years or lease anything. My guess is they don't "personalize" or have none to do it with.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Funny you mention your "Wants". I am searching and preparing to order helper springs in the form of either Sumo or Air Cell bumper stops. Then have to get floor matts, deal with a cap, mud flaps and running boards. Also need an RDS fuel tank for the bed and then get ready to install all my amateur radio and CB antennas along with all the wiring and radio mounts. Vent shades and other little things will soon follow.

Replacing my truck is quite a project involving both time and money. It's been almost 11 years but does not seem very long ago I went through all this before. Just could never understand how people can buy new vehicles every couple years or lease anything. My guess is they don't "personalize" or have none to do it with.
I dont "want" things. I ordered all that stuff I'm just waiting on arrival lol

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably order my stuff when I see an actual production date sent to me. Then it will only be 3-4 weeks for shipping and more than enough time to order my "wants".

Not keen on lots of stuff sitting around here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am envious of you guys who have been able to order the configuration that you wanted. My dealer tried to order
CC,4x4, laramie, diesel with 3.92 rear, tow mirrors, brake controller, other options, and was denied over 3.92. Also, wheel to wheel side steps unavailable. He had no info on why or when. An Allpar.com member is going to try and get some clarification for me. The 3.92 will give me a margin of safety in tow rating that I am more comfortable with. Hope the ordering process smooths out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My dealer said that my order hit none of the restrictions at the time it went through, but I ordered ahead of ordering opening. The details are in my signature. Sounds like the U.S. market is stingy on Outdoorsmans though

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't know what a Summit is. Assume it's some kind of car or truck. Wonder what they inspected for 11 weeks?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jim T my order was originally denied for the 3.92 gears as well. I dont under stand why the Laramie wont let you have that option alone. My dealer said I would have to buy the Laramie Big Horn Edition for the 3.92 gears. I didnt want all of the chrome and bigger tires since I will be replacing them anyway. It wasnt worth the increase of price to get the gearing for me. I was already at $54000 without it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jim T my order was originally denied for the 3.92 gears as well. I dont under stand why the Laramie wont let you have that option alone. My dealer said I would have to buy the Laramie Big Horn Edition for the 3.92 gears. I didnt want all of the chrome and bigger tires since I will be replacing them anyway. It wasnt worth the increase of price to get the gearing for me. I was already at $54000 without it.
There's a nice range of replacement gear kits available, and you could rock a 4.10 if you wanted. Something to think about if you get a 3.55

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes , I know gears could be changed, but with 4x4 it's 2 differentials, and a lot of money. It's $50.00 as factory option. I'm hoping to get some clarification from a member of Allpar.com. The 3.55 has about 1,000lbs less tow rating than the 3.92 and I would lose the margin of safety I am comfortable with. Hope I can get this resolved.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got an email from my dealer that says no regular cab ecodiesel units can be ordered. Also, that Chrysler is limited to 10,000 engines for the US market with 5k going to Jeep and 5k going to Ram. He has been told that a lot of the orders for these trucks won't get built, including some of the already accepted orders for the crew and quad cabs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Regular cab doesn't start production till next month and allocation should open then. I don't know about that 10k limit as I haven't heard of that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got an email from my dealer that says no regular cab ecodiesel units can be ordered. Also, that Chrysler is limited to 10,000 engines for the US market with 5k going to Jeep and 5k going to Ram. He has been told that a lot of the orders for these trucks won't get built, including some of the already accepted orders for the crew and quad cabs.
You are correct about a limited number of engines. They stated that they could only build so many but did not give a number months back. If u order a truck and get a VIN number u will get your truck. If u have not got the VIN your order is in line and yes it could not be built at all. When the allotted eco engines r gone the remaining orders will not get built and u will get an email or message to your dealer that says order could not be processed. Smile if u have a VIN. Keep fingers crossed if u don't. IMO I think all ordered trucks will get built. The orders r not coming in as fast as they hoped. I also think there well be a few on every dealer lot come spring.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts