RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything has a check on my claim status minus the AEM update. On 5/24 had my update applied at my dealer. Is FCA just dragging their feet or are they that swamped? Just looking to see if others are in the same boat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the update done on May 28th, but it has not shown up on the claim status as yet. Checks are not supposed to be sent until June 17th, I think.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Everything has a check on my claim status minus the AEM update. On 5/24 had my update applied at my dealer. Is FCA just dragging their feet or are they that swamped? Just looking to see if others are in the same boat.
The first list of those having been updated was supposed to be 3 June. Then an updated list goes every 14 days thereafter. However I found that 12 days after my update was done the dealer hadn't yet sent it in. The service department had done there work but some private contractor offsite did the actual processing and she was backlogged or ill or whatever and was behind. Mine still doesn't show being updated. I need to chase the dealer again. Looks like their inaction screwed me out of the money for 14 days anyhow.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Howie. The U07 claim posted but the V08 hasn't. My dealer claims it's a backlog at FCA and they are being very particular about processing the updates and claims.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the AEM on 5/23 and it finally shows up completed on my Mopar.com Dashboard for my truck. My claim number is showing my supplied documents haven't been approved yet. I'm guessing the folks handling this at FCA are pretty busy!

·
Registered
503 Posts
The first list of those having been updated was supposed to be 3 June. Then an updated list goes every 14 days thereafter.
Hey Howie,

Where did you hear that? It makes sense since that's when my claim updated to show the AEM complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I contacted FCA yesterday because the status of my claim hasn't changed since I had the AEM update May 23rd. FCA claimed they never received information from the dealer that the update was completed. I contacted the dealer and they told me they couldn't find a record and to bring the vehicle in for the AEM update.
I had to give them the repair order number to prove that it was already completed by them. The dealer called me back and apparently the dealers warranty clerk was on vacation and never input the claim into FCA's system. It should be entered by the end of the week. ( I hope)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm thinking my dealer has dropped the ball. The Mopar owners website is s showing that I need to have the V08 recall completed.
Two weeks after the update My-Mopar web page still said V08 incomplete so I called the update hotline. They said the dealer had not sent in the paperwork. I checked with the dealer they claimed to have sent it in electronically 6 days after they did the update.

OK.... I noticed that on the bottom of the email I received after I filed the claim that if you have a question you can call or reply to the email. "If you have any questions about the claims process, please call 1-833-280-4748 for assistance or respond to this email".

So I sent them a reply email mentioning the call to them and that they claimed the dealer had not sent in the paperwork, the date the dealer claimed they had sent the paper work in and also mentioning that they should have the info and that My-Mopar page should be updated to reflect that the work was completed.

They did not reply to my email but just hours later that day My-Mopar page DID update and the V08 update was green check marked as completed. Bottom line I do not believe that the coordination between the departments at Mopar is what it should be, so in some cases it pays to do some follow-up on your own.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the update done on May 28th, and it posted today on my Mopar.com page. I submitted my claim on May 18th, and have yet to receive and offer letter or an email from the case manager. I called in today and was told they have everything, but they are backed up, and the claims are being reviewed 4-5 weeks after submission at this point. She said I should have an email from the case manager in the next week or so. As the a secondary owner, I assume that I will have to wait for actual check until the end of August to receive what ever check I am going to get, unless the original owner has already submitted their claim, I and I am getting the reduced amount. i wonder how they are handling it if the vehicle has had three owners, and all three submit....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Mopar.com account finally changed to having the AEM completed. I spoke with my dealer Monday (6/10/19). Service gal had no record of the service and speculated that the gal that closes out warranty claims hadn't got to it. Their excuse was everyone had been doing training. Still waiting on the settlement site to reflect the changes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks @Siduus for making the phone call and telling us what the backlog time is, I guess I will see a check in July or August. I submitted on May 21. Had the AEM done May 22. In plenty of time for new tires and wheels for Winter. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dealing with the FCA customer service experience has been an extremely disappointing experience for me. Emails get no response and promised call backs are never made.

Given multiple reports about drivability/ performance after getting the AEM installed, I'm beginning to think the delay in processing my claim is a blessing and I might forgo the cash & extended warranty. I like my truck as it is. I seem to recall the CEO of FCA said the tuning of the ecodiesel complied with EPA rules and was optimized for performance and RELIABILITY. I remember he specifically emphasized reliability and protecting the engine under certain conditions. it's hard to believe a bunch of government beurocrats could do better than FCA's engineers. The AEM was developed under duress and it's hard to believe the AEM doesn't come with some compromises in performance and/ or reliability. Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
My status now finally says update finished and check in the mail. Notarized docs notes as accepted before the date dealer did the work on 5/20 and 21. Hold up was in the dealer's back office submitting the final warranty paperwork to FCA. They us an offsite person or agency to do the stuff and there is no decent control on timeliness. Normally it doesn't matter to the customer since they go for the cheap processing and accept a slightly later payment for their warranty work but in this case it affects the customer.

While I don't like it it is probably understandable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Claim first submitted on May 9th, AEM was done on May 21st. Claim site was updated on Jun 12th to reflect AEM work completed (22 days). Check sent pending.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I submitted my first round of forms 7 weeks ago and my track claim update shows forms submitted and document package complete. It's been that way for 6 weeks now. I called the track claim number and a rep said I should go ahead and get the truck flashed. Seems like I'm missing a step here and should get an acceptance form first. I never sent in anything notarized.
I don't want to get the flash and they come back saying I'm not getting anything. Any help in this will be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts