RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I submitted my first round of forms 7 weeks ago and my track claim update shows forms submitted and document package complete. It's been that way for 6 weeks now. I called the track claim number and a rep said I should go ahead and get the truck flashed. Seems like I'm missing a step here and should get an acceptance form first. I never sent in anything notarized.
I don't want to get the flash and they come back saying I'm not getting anything. Any help in this will be appreciated.
Same thing here. My status says offer made, or something similar. It also states an email has been sent with the offer details. I never received the email with the offer details so I called and was told it's going to take 2 weeks to "resend" the offer details but I should go ahead and have the AEM installed. This is putting the cart before the horse and out of line with their process on the ecodiesel settlement website.

It does appear those who are having the AEM installed are having their cases moved forward quicker.

I refuse to get the AEM installed without knowing the details of the offer, what am I receiving vs what am I giving up. I'm looking for words like "may" as in fuel mileage may decrease or increase or "substantially" as in performance will not substantially change. This kind of verbiage gives FCA an out in the case performance or mileage does change negatively....and who gets to define what "substantially" means?

My guess is they'll begin hounding those of us who are following the process as written because they have an incentive to get a certain percentage of affected vehicles updated. I actually just received a notice the other day encouraging me to have the AEM installed promptly (hahaha, yeah I'll get right on that) Until then, we get to get a better understanding of how the AEM affects the truck.

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
I submitted my first round of forms 7 weeks ago and my track claim update shows forms submitted and document package complete. It's been that way for 6 weeks now. I called the track claim number and a rep said I should go ahead and get the truck flashed. Seems like I'm missing a step here and should get an acceptance form first. I never sent in anything notarized.
I don't want to get the flash and they come back saying I'm not getting anything. Any help in this will be appreciated.
Same thing here. My status says offer made, or something similar. It also states an email has been sent with the offer details. I never received the email with the offer details so I called and was told it's going to take 2 weeks to "resend" the offer details but I should go ahead and have the AEM installed. This is putting the cart before the horse and out of line with their process on the ecodiesel settlement website.

It does appear those who are having the AEM installed are having their cases moved forward quicker.

I refuse to get the AEM installed without knowing the details of the offer, what am I receiving vs what am I giving up. I'm looking for words like "may" as in fuel mileage may decrease or increase or "substantially" as in performance will not substantially change. This kind of verbiage gives FCA an out in the case performance or mileage does change negatively....and who gets to define what "substantially" means?

My guess is they'll begin hounding those of us who are following the process as written because they have an incentive to get a certain percentage of affected vehicles updated. I actually just received a notice the other day encouraging me to have the AEM installed promptly (hahaha, yeah I'll get right on that) Until then, we get to get a better understanding of how the AEM affects the truck.
check your spam folder for the missing email. All of the details about performance mileage Etc are explained in the long form.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I filed on May 15th the next day May 16th my dealer did 5 recalls including V08. Yesterday I received a three page letter from FCA. First page "our records indicate you own a model year 14-16 Ram", blar, blar, blar urging me to get emissions recall V08/V11. I don't have the original notice I received but I believe it was simply V08 not V08/V11, I looked a my pink dealer receipt and on it the number is V08. Anyone know about the added /V11??? Could it be that they have already changed the parameters of the ECM flash?

Second page Emissions disclosure sheet was unchanged, third page extended warranty unchanged from the sheets the dealer handed out.

·
Registered
638 Posts
FCA removed the U07 Autopark recall and moved it to combine with the V08 AEM recall. My guess is the V11 is now what was the earlier U07

·
Registered
20 Posts
I filed on May 15th the next day May 16th my dealer did 5 recalls including V08. Yesterday I received a three page letter from FCA. First page "our records indicate you own a model year 14-16 Ram", blar, blar, blar urging me to get emissions recall V08/V11. I don't have the original notice I received but I believe it was simply V08 not V08/V11, I looked a my pink dealer receipt and on it the number is V08. Anyone know about the added /V11??? Could it be that they have already changed the parameters of the ECM flash?

Second page Emissions disclosure sheet was unchanged, third page extended warranty unchanged from the sheets the dealer handed out.
V08 = US Vehicles in USA
V11 = Canadian Vehicles in USA

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks Okie,

I just checked MY Mopar and it still shows it as only V08, no V11. Your post clears that up for sure.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's good. I explicitly told them to not do the auto-park on mine, but it didn't show up as being necessary so they didn't hassle me about it.

I got the AEM on Wednesday June 12, but it has not updated in the system yet. Apparently I should be ready to expect 2-3 weeks for that to happen. In leiu of waiting, I have emailed FCA a copy of my dealer paperwork showing the recalls completed, so we'll see if that suffices or not? My claim status was updated within hours after emailing them my signed/notarized acceptance, so it seems they're pretty responsive once you have a claim in work.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts