RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Morgan and Morgan started something like this a few months ago. Not interested and never heard if anyone supported their program.

·
Administrator
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morgan and Morgan started something like this a few months ago. Not interested and never heard if anyone supported their program.
Perhaps those owners who lost their truck to a fire might support the program. :)

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Wasn't part of the original class action suit that they couldn't sue for anything else on the effected vehicles or something like that?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Once you have taken the money and gotten the AEM done for the emissions class action, you cannont sue for anything related to that work. The EGR and resulting fires should be a seperate issue. It's like trying to link burned out headlamps to bad brakes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wasn't part of the original class action suit that they couldn't sue for anything else on the effected vehicles or something like that?
but this suit includes 2016 which was also included in the AEM. Also, like ncskibum said, you can't sue for anything related to the AEM work. In order for FCA to say that we can't sue for the EGR problems, they would have to admit that the AEM caused the EGR problem. they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why are you not interested, if you care to share? If people are not wiling to join class actions, FCA has no incentive to be proactive at preventing/addressing these issues in the future, right?

·
Registered
274 Posts
FYI about class action suits. I just participated in a class action lawsuit that I can not reveal the name of the ride share company. I was one of the early drivers that had a different contract than the new folks post 2015. The class action lasted 3 years, but we "won". The New York based attorneys recieved 7 million dollars, we poor drivers recieved $1200 each. Never again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Read John Grishams' The King of Torts. You'll see the plaintiff's never 'win'. They get a measly amount of money barely worth anyone's time. The lawyers walk out with Millions.

Class action lawsuits are not there for you.
If you think you'll get any re-coup from a class action think again.
If you're doing it to 'change' the problem at FCA for a better product then by all means join.

About 15 years ago I was part of a class action lawsuit for a consumer product. One where you had to opt-out less you were included by default. Every consumer ended up with a check from the class action for $.17. Thats 17 CENTS. Wasn't worth my time to drive in and cash it.... SMH.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I got my invite for the class action against Apple for the phones. Best estimate was a $25 coupon to use n Apple products. I've opted out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts