RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I spoke to 3 ED owners that were not aware of the VB1 Fire recall. I took the time to educate them. They were 2015, 2016 and 2019. I guess this should not be a surprise.

They are all calling the dealers and FCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
This week I spoke to 3 ED owners that were not aware of the VB1 Fire recall. I took the time to educate them. They were 2015, 2016 and 2019. I guess this should not be a surprise.

They are all calling the dealers and FCA.

Most of us only found out from the forum. Once we got word, started looking for the correct information. I don't think I got anything official until I asked...I could be wrong.

Glad you're a good friend, ensuring all know what's at stake.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think people with an above average mechanical ability flock to forums like this to learn more about their vehicles, machinery etc.
Those with less mechanical abilities are indifferent in learning anything or performing any repairs thus not on forums like ours.
One was a contractor, one was a Pilot and the last had kids in the truck.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say that’s 100% accurate.
I think that we get so much junk mail and extended warranty sales crap from FCA that most people just trash the recall notices.

I agree if not an enthusiast or mechanically inclined it’s just another piece of junk in the mail.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think people with an above average mechanical ability flock to forums like this to learn more about their vehicles, machinery etc.
Those with less mechanical abilities are indifferent in learning anything or performing any repairs thus not on forums like ours.
I take offense to this. I have ZERO mechanical abilities and I’m here! I’ve learned how to do all sorts of things from the good people on this forum. Eco, you’re a good guy I know, but please understand, that there are a lot of us that lack knowledge that are interested in learning, performing repairs, and trying to keep up the best we can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
What do they say, "Ignorance is bliss"? lol

A large part of the fear and worry I read on this forum and others is unwarranted. Now you've spread it to these otherwise happy Ram owners. You might be surprised that there are so many happy Eco owners out there that don't talk trucks online.

·
Registered
775 Posts
There was a time when owning an automobile almost necessitated having at least a minimal mechanical ability, whether for changing tires seasonally or doing oil changes etc.

These days, automobiles are so reliable relative to even thirty or fourty years ago, that many people just buy them, take them in for maintenance twice a year and otheriwse treat them like a television ... buy it, use it, know next to nothing about it. There's no real reason other than personal interest why we should know how an appliance works. We buy them to use them, not to have to repair them regularly.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I take offense to this. I have ZERO mechanical abilities and I’m here! I’ve learned how to do all sorts of things from the good people on this forum. Eco, you’re a good guy I know, but please understand, that there are a lot of us that lack knowledge that are interested in learning, performing repairs, and trying to keep up the best we can.

Lol.....not sure how I offended you by saying that most on here have above average mechanical ability??

But since you don't.........I'm glad you're still here to learn just like the rest of us. :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do they say, "Ignorance is bliss"? lol

A large part of the fear and worry I read on this forum and others is unwarranted. Now you've spread it to these otherwise happy Ram owners. You might be surprised that there are so many happy Eco owners out there that don't talk trucks online.
It’s best not knowing your driving a ticking fire ball. Lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol.....not sure how I offended you by saying that most on here have above average mechanical ability??

But since you don't.........I'm glad you're still here to learn just like the rest of us. :)
I Included enthusiast in my last moment to cover my you know what.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You would think that a fire safety recall would warrant a feedback process to insure that the owner actually received the notification.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Lol...maybe it was your second statement, “Those with less mechanical abilities are indifferent in learning anything.” Blanket statements, huh?

·
Super Moderator
3,256 Posts
I just suggest they look into getting a tune that turns off EGR so that the plastic intake isn't going to plug up with soot and become a fire starter. EGR a stupid government requirement that at best does far more harm than good. Lol that reminds me of "government is at best a necessary evil" as one of our founders said.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts