RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with my 2014 EcoDiesel. its making a clunk sound when turning to left while in motion. as steering is brought back to center it makes it again but not when turning to right unless I have to over compensate to left. interestingly it doesn't make the sound at standstill. sound seems to be coming from firewall/dashboard area. noise isn't heard outside. seems like the sound is getting louder with time. took it to dealer a few months back and was told they replaced the left strut yet noise is still heard. I've taken left wheel off and no lose movement noted to wheel component or suspension parts. anyone having this same problem? If so what fixed the issue.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had a clunk from new, but it only happened when I was backing up over a bump with a wheels turned hard one way or the other. I would hear it mostly backing into the driveway. I made it happen for the mechanic and he checked it a couple of different times but couldn't find anything in the suspension. On the third try, he heard about someone else with a problem with the body mount. I don't know the details but something in the way the cab is mounted to the frame. He made an adjustment and the noise went away. Been 100,000kms since then and it hasn't returned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar issue that only happened occasionally while turning and then the upper ball joint came out of the steering knuckle and the wheel almost fell of. Luckily that happened while i was off road and moving slow. It was found that the nut for the ball joint was never installed. Not saying this is the same as your problem but it is something you might want to check.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know its probably not this but just in case:

I had a crappy fit wheel well ( I think you call it). The thin plastic crap part would rub the tire on a hard right and had loosened up so much it sounded pretty loud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts