RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just joined, first post. I bought myself a 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Big Horn about 7 months ago. Love the truck so far but two days ago the CEL light popped on with codes P200A and P200B. I'm unfamiliar with these. I have heard from a couple people this might be covered under some EGR recall? Does anyone have any experience with these codes and cost to fix?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Both of those codes are for the intake runners. It could be from a couple things and may or may not be covered under a recall its hard to say without more info. Is your truck using coolant?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so far, truck is running as normal with no noticeable difference in power or over heating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm now also getting codes P2D2D and P2D2E. Does anyone have any insight into these four codes now? Do they have something to do with the EGR recall?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,412 Posts
Check this post out for the P2D2E
I'm going to say the P2D2D is bank 1
You intake manifold is sooted up hindering operation of the swirl valves

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm now also getting codes P2D2D and P2D2E. Does anyone have any insight into these four codes now? Do they have something to do with the EGR recall?
I had those codes. Swirl Valves in Exhaust intake manifold stuck. Normal soot build up that becomes gooey because of leaking coolant from EGR cooler. I have a 2016 and was told had to wait in line for recall of EGR cooler. With help from dealership and filing a claim with FCA i got expedited. Only because of the codes. Why. Gooey soot has been know to catch on fire inside exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had those codes. Swirl Valves in Exhaust intake manifold stuck. Normal soot build up that becomes gooey because of leaking coolant from EGR cooler. I have a 2016 and was told had to wait in line for recall of EGR cooler. With help from dealership and filing a claim with FCA i got expedited. Only because of the codes. Why. Gooey soot has been know to catch on fire inside exhaust manifold.
Initially dealership/FCA was only going to do the EGR recall. I said; what about codes? Due to leaking EGR. Lot of back and forth but FCA finally relented and they covered the manifold as well. I have 260,000 klm on my truck. All stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Initially dealership/FCA was only going to do the EGR recall. I said; what about codes? Due to leaking EGR. Lot of back and forth but FCA finally relented and they covered the manifold as well. I have 260,000 klm on my truck. All stock.
Thanks for the insight, I have a good relationship with my dealership so I should be able to get everything taken care of. Thanks much for the insight!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

I took the truck into the dealer for the recall which they claim to have fixed. This cleared codes p200a and p200b, but the codes p2d2d and p2d2e are still popping up. I will call the dealership on Monday but does anyone have any insight in what the p2d2d and p2d2e codes are?

·
Registered
383 Posts
This link might help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts