RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: All... Just unfolded the front cold weather bib. Not familiar with how these things fit on the grille. Any help is welcome.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
It slides down from the top on both sides of the grill. The flaps on the bottom get "tucked in" to the gap between the grill and the top of the bumper

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It slides down from the top on both sides of the grill. The flaps on the bottom get "tucked in" to the gap between the grill and the top of the bumper
Hi: Crash68... Thanks!!! I'm handy with some bra straps, but where do these ones hook into?

·
Registered
184 Posts
At what average ambient outdoor temperature should the bib be installed?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
The end flaps go completely behind the grille when you slide the ends down between the headlight and the grill.

Pull the straps snug and it will be obvious where they attach to the core support cover.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Dragon , the hardest part is to wash the front of the truck first , and wax whatever you feel good about putting wax on,
it is to make sure no dirt is left between chrome or paint and get rubbed in all winter long by the cover .
In the spring , when removing , you clean the shiny front of cover , and vacuum the Inside part for next winter , no scratches .
the cover goes on in 1 minute and 20 sec. :

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dragon , the hardest part is to wash the front of the truck first , and wax whatever you feel good about putting wax on,
it is to make sure no dirt is left between chrome or paint and get rubbed in all winter long by the cover .
In the spring , when removing , you clean the shiny front of cover , and vacuum the Inside part for next winter , no scratches .
Hi: Kazimodo... Thankyou for the vid!!! "A picture is worth a thousand words".
Quite a change coming for the future in Quebec Eh?

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
When?

Sure would like some colder weather. Been 93-96 literally every day all of September and still in October. Too hot for good fishing here but Lake Erie should be getting ready for a salmon run and good perch fishing. You can put that winter front onion a couple minutes. Guessing you still have a couple months to practice before the nasty stuff wraps you up. Keep your truck waxed and ready.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi: Captainmal... I know you're there... just can't find your post. I don't know about salmon but I do know later in the cold weather they fish for "Ice". I saw all the little ice huts not to long ago!!!
Aah... now I see you... I use Blue Corral Wax Wash so every time I wash the truck it gets waxed. Saves a lot of rubbing. I usually get a years supply when in Florida. Wallo Mar t down there sells it for $3.88 a half gallon.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
He's doing it the wrong. way.

It slides down from the top and actually locks-in behind the headlights.

Here's the instructions that come with the cover:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
He's doing it the wrong. way.

It slides down from the top and actually locks-in behind the headlights.

Here's the instructions that come with the cover:
I kind of like his way, it may be backwards but getting those little padded tabs in between my grille and that plastic cover is a royal pain in the a**,
I usually have to get a plastic push tool or a paint stir stick to get them to slid in.
I think I'll try it that way at least once this winter.

·
Administrator
8,258 Posts
I kind of like his way, it may be backwards but getting those little padded tabs in between my grille and that plastic cover is a royal pain in the a**,
I usually have to get a plastic push tool or a paint stir stick to get them to slid in.
I think I'll try it that way at least once this winter.
I never had any difficulty. Maybe it depends on what grille you have. On mine the tabs slide right in by simply applying a little downward pressure on the bumper cover while pushing the the tabs in.

Not sure what holds the sides in place the way the video shows because they won't lock-in behind the headlight properly. I guess forward motion is enough to keep the cover in place.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Do not use the method displayed in the video, that guy is an idiot. The end tabs will not go completely behind the grill using that method. Slide the cover down from above guiding the end tabs COMPLETELY behind the grill. Between the grill and headlights alone is not good enough to be secure.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I used the method in the video with success , no movement all winter long , and no scratches ,
I'll stick to what works , and doing the big pads Under the grill first made the rest of the install easy .
Sure there's no movement, but the cover is slack and I wouldn't trust it staying on for season after season. The ends behind the grille is the proper method, not beside the grille.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used the method in the video with success , no movement all winter long , and no scratches ,
I'll stick to what works , and doing the big pads Under the grill first made the rest of the install easy .
Hi: Kazimodo... I'm with you!!! I do easy very well. Anything I can do backwards and still have it work out... I CAN DO!!!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'll have a look at what you are saying when the time comes Bounty , but I remember
those 2 tabs that go between the grille and headlight are thin ones , they are not padded
like the bottom ones , at least on my model , the el-cheapo Mopar gave me on R-51 program
it has no closeable flaps , 4 holes open all the time .

there would really have to be a groove
in that area that prevents the tab to come forward to see any benifits .
I am not against spending an additional 1 minute to improove the install , specially if it makes it more " theft proof ".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts