RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
They've been teasing the diesel Gladiator for a while now, ever since they first teased the release of the Gladiator. Don't expect to be able to tow much more than their gas cousins. They said they had a difficult time designing the cooling stack in the gas models, so cooling will be even more limited in the diesel versions.

I own an EcoDiesel Ram 1500 and the ex is on her 2nd EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee. It's a great platform. I've modified mine to improve cooling so it can comfortably tow my 8-9k Toy Hauler.

I'd probably sell an organ if it meant being able to buy a diesel Gladiator.

·
Super Moderator
4,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read an article a while back that already stated the EcoDiesel Gladiator will not be able to tow as much as the gas version due to cooling. The engineers were really limited by not being able to change the front approach angle.
I guessing on the 2020 Ram the intercooler will breath through the slot in the bumper and won't wash the radiator

Organs for sale?...dibs on the liver! We can probably part you out for more than enough to pay cash for a diesel Gladiator!...LOL

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Isn't everything worth more as parts? lol

Ya there just isn't enough frontal area for adequate cooling of the diesel. Surprised they're even offering it.

Be too nice if the '20 bumper would fit my '16, I'd move the oil cooler behind the bumper.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Probably a good idea to drop the intercooler down low. The HD trucks use this approach. Maybe not the best for offroading but the thing gets dedicated airflow, nothing in front or behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts