RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Comment ob this price quote

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  judgevalor 
#1 ·
I got this quote today from the dealer. The net price he gave me is $38,865 He said no incentives but I called the hotline and the only one I could get is $1500 for cash payment. How would you elvaluate this price? I tried to post it as a picture but no luck. It will load as an attachment.

View attachment Dodge Ram Quote0001.pdf

#3 ·
I got mine for 500 over the invoice and a very good trade allowance $1,500 over KBB. My ordered one is a Big Horn but with a bit more equipment than yours. The down side is that if I had ordered a gasoline powered truck, exactly the same as my diesel I would have gotten $6,000 additional in rebates. That makes the real price of the diesel $2,800 + $4,500 in the rebate difference or $7,300. Eventually people will realize this and sales will slow. In my case, I believe I will get at least some of that back in residual value.

#5 ·
I thought this was a bit high. They first tried to get the price at $1000 over invoice. Then they could see it wasn't going to fly and dropped to invoice. I'm not sure if it is worth buying this truck right now since the incentives are nothing on the diesel. I see what some of you guys paid that got in early and am envious.

#6 ·
The 3% under invoice can be done. I sent out a bunch of emails and worked them against each other. My local dealer would not go below invoice even after I showed them the price I got. Incentives are another story.

#7 ·
I ran your truck through the USAA car-buying/truecar service and the MSRP that came up for me was: $41,230, and the truecar price was: $32,300. This includes a $2500 regular and crew cab cash allowance.

Also, for some reason the builder wouldn't let me add the anti-spin rear diff, so have to add another $325 to above prices

#9 ·
good catch, i ran my numbers based off the build sheet that was attached, the second row should be invoice prices but it does not appear to be that whay on his build.

#8 ·
Thanks for doing that. I am way off that price. I guess we will see what happens. I had called Dodge helpline yesterday and told my story about not being able to order this combination. They called back today and said that my combination had been restricted but as of today, it was now open to new orders. I am going to go to my local dealer tommorow and see what they can do. Thanks for all the input.

Hal

#11 ·
That's invoice price.

How did they grant a $1,500 cash price discount? When I went to pick up the truck they said there was no cash discount. That had never even been mentioned. Then they "rejected" my cash, gave me a $1,000 finance discount and said I can pay it off in 4 months to actually save $900. I did it and later found out I have to make 6 payments before paying it off with a savings of about $840.

It's over now but that cash discount is not something I ever heard of.

There may be other factory rebates available. I would keep checking.

As an aside I put $15,500 deposit cash and then had to put over $20K back into my own savings account in $9 increments to avoid paying some kind of tax on my own money. Crazy rules.

#14 ·
anarayan you should ask to see the build sheet they submit to the factory. It will list the msrp, invoice price, affiliate price, and employee pricing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.