RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This promises to be a interesting series of videos comparing the EcoDiesel to competitors. Sandy Munro is a industry expert on the design and manufacturing of vehicles. He gets all of the marketing hype out of the way and just talks about the good stuff. How well is it built.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well I'm only a minute into the video and he is incorrect. The cybertruck is in the heavy duty class with half ton capability. It competes against F250 and it's competitors, so inferior capability for way more money and basically no difference to the environment either compared to an F250. Tesla should try a tow off with one of those in 4WD not 2WD. With the curb weight it's registered as a heavy duty vehicle. The fan boys should wait for a real electric truck is released like the F150 or upcoming GM. Cybertruck is designed for a tech editor who lives in California and wants to look cool to his peers going to the grocery store. Maybe it's an okay comparison video for the half tons, but I can't stand this Tesla grandstanding that people do for a company that produces vehicles with quality control of a 1990 Hyundai Pony. Also not too many companies that operates on downpayments with no vehicle delivered. Tesla rant finished.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Funny, he talks about the Asians missing the mark with pickups, but I'm curious what mark that Tesla was striving for? A PT Cruiser is lightyears ahead of that in style, or maybe 100 times less hideous....

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'll definitely watch it. Big vehicle manufacturers pay him $ for his analysis of competitor vehicle designs.

I'll link another video where he talks about the many cybertruck advantages compared to typical ladder frame pickups. Apparently he's a big outdoor enthusiast (hunting, offroad) and sees the cybertruck doing well there. Not sure if he's thought through battery life for those round trip travels to the mountains and deserts but on the other hand there's been some recent Tesla battery news about technological breakthroughs.

It's a long winded video from Jan 2020. He might sound a little pompous and opinionated.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'll definitely watch it. Big vehicle manufacturers pay him $ for his analysis of competitor vehicle designs.

I'll link another video where he talks about the many cybertruck advantages compared to typical ladder frame pickups. Apparently he's a big outdoor enthusiast (hunting, offroad) and sees the cybertruck doing well there. Not sure if he's thought through battery life for those round trip travels to the mountains and deserts but on the other hand there's been some recent Tesla battery news about technological breakthroughs.

It's a long winded video from Jan 2020. He might sound a little pompous and opinionated.

Yeah Tesla pays him surely. Funny most pro battery electric car people are also anti-mining. Ever see what those lithium mines look like, turn the earth into Mars with diesel equipment with no emission equipment. Then take the thing home and plug it in while the grid is likely powered in one way or another by fossil fuels. Oh yeah and that's the way to save the environment. You only have to drive the thing 5-10 years to break even compared to a gas vehicle of the same size lol. I don't have a crystal ball but hydrogen electric seems to be a better solution, but all the politicians and flaky liberals are pushing this battery electric for god knows what reason, their personal gain.

That cybertruck is about the biggest joke I've seen for a vehicle in 20 plus years. It has no pedestrian bumpers, no mirrors, not even a concept car basically. All they did was take their current model X drivetrain/battery skateboard and stick an attention grabbing flat steel welded body on it with air ride. So they can get a bunch of downpayments from people again for no vehicle delivered. Imagine giving Ford/GM/FCA money for no vehicle in a few years.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was thinking that grafting the back half of a Subaru Baha onto a 1960 Citroen would make a better looking truck....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts