RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been paying attention to this forum closely, it appears some people are able to place orders for their diesel 1500's. I've been in pretty regular contact with my RAM dealer and I just got this message back:

"Nothing official yet, don't believe what you see in the forums, people are trying to get notoriety by claiming something. All Chrysler dealerships use the same ordering system, it is NOT regional. Manager said we may have news on Thursday, but nothing yet. He places orders everyday and the 1500 diesel has never been open yet."

This is a little frustrating

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've been paying attention to this forum closely, it appears some people are able to place orders for their diesel 1500's. I've been in pretty regular contact with my RAM dealer and I just got this message back:

"Nothing official yet, don't believe what you see in the forums, people are trying to get notoriety by claiming something. All Chrysler dealerships use the same ordering system, it is NOT regional. Manager said we may have news on Thursday, but nothing yet. He places orders everyday and the 1500 diesel has never been open yet."

This is a little frustrating
Availability appears to be regional so dealers in some areas may not see certain options at the same time as dealers in other regions. Where are you?
Some of us have ordered the diesel and received verification it is in the system.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also called 3 other dealers in the area, none said ordering was possible yet. Is it possible that your dealers have just taken your money and will wait to put the order in when ordering comes available?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm in Seattle, but my dealer said that the system is not regional....?
We are in the same region and I know the diesel could be ordered from 3 dealers I contacted last Friday.

Perhaps you are talking to the wrong person in the dealership. If they are not the person actually placing the orders they may have misinformation. Also, I have heard that individual dealers can have their ability to order limited because of irregular activities such as selling a sold vehicle to someone other than who ordered it. Another possibility is that all the dealers you contacted have used up their EcoDiesel assignments for the month; my dealer told me they had 3 available and held one for me because I had placed a deposit earlier, and they were all sold on Friday. Not sure what is going on in your case.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm in Seattle, but my dealer said that the system is not regional....?
I am also in Seattle. I can give you 4 local dealers that can order today. PM me if you need specifics.

You did not say what you are trying to order?

Let us know, exactly.

If you want a Outdoorsman, then yes, it can not be ordered in at least in this area and several other regions.

If you want a Tradesman, BigHorn or Laramie, it may not be a problem, but that depends on your options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let's make it official. Order was opened nationwide in the US on February 7, 2014. Some models have allocation sold out as of yesterday. Some models are on heavy restriction in terms of options (aka, no fully loaded Limiteds).

·
Registered
396 Posts
What does that mean "sold out as of yesterday "? I'm sure you will not be able to answer but how long will they be sold out? I wanted to order in mid March. I'm really hoping I can order a outdoorsman by then.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Not totally surprised. Heard there were limitations on the number of engines they had in this country but from the way that is worded, it may be something else. Maybe production capacity is limiting things, parts suppliers or ???

Be more interesting to find out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Not totally surprised. Heard there were limitations on the number of engines they had in this country but from the way that is worded, it may be something else. Maybe production capacity is limiting things, parts suppliers or ???

Be more interesting to find out.
I am with you. Ordering has been open for a week in the US and no one has been able to say when the rest of the trim levels will go into production. Here is the workflow: Customer ask Dealers -> Dealers ask reps -> Reps ask higher ups -> Higher ups are not talking.
So nothing comes back to the customer!

Frustrating....

·
Registered
9 Posts
February allocation (aka what's built in March) is the sold out part. Right now if you want a Tradesman, Laramie, Longhorn or Limited, you will have to wait until March for allocations to open back up again. Some of the oddball SLT combos are still open but there are slim pickings available (as of mid last week, they could be all gone by now).

It's popular to say the least.

·
Registered
42 Posts
when are they going to be shipped to dealers without special ordering? it almost seems pointless to get a 2014 at this point if you havent already ordered...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am waiting to try and order a Limited 4x2 5'7" with rambox and am slightly worried that configuration will not be available (it is with a HEMI). After reading this thread i am hoping it will become available soon. I just had a dealership try and build a limited with an ecodiesel and they cant even option an ecodiesel in a Limited at all right now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I did my order the corporate office had put out a mass email to dealerships telling them that the lower model spots were pretty much filled up and they needed to get higher end orders in to fill the line. My fleet manager who does the order advised that the line has specific parts and places on the line for specific models. Its based on some percentage of the total model production which is set up in advanced. That might be the problem with getting allocations for specific models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
when are they going to be shipped to dealers without special ordering? it almost seems pointless to get a 2014 at this point if you havent already ordered...
Dealer stock orders have opened up. My guess is you will start to see those on the lots March some time. Not all orders are special orders as the EcoD is not restricted to sold orders only

When I did my order the corporate office had put out a mass email to dealerships telling them that the lower model spots were pretty much filled up and they needed to get higher end orders in to fill the line. My fleet manager who does the order advised that the line has specific parts and places on the line for specific models. Its based on some percentage of the total model production which is set up in advanced. That might be the problem with getting allocations for specific models.
Kind of but not exactly that way. They have predicted allocations and supplier contracts for so many pieces. If a supplier can build 1000 Longhorn dashes a month but suddenly an order for 2000 comes through, that's a problem that, while nice to have, causes issues with backlogs. Hence the report your fleet person saw. It basically gives people a heads up that "if you are going to order a truck, here's what can be delivered in a reasonable amount of time.".

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok I understand now. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts