RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw it on the Z - figured I'd share here. Anyone up for installing a wiring harness and extra cameras around their truck? :D

Looks pretty slick and very cool. Love the additional cargo camera, and while I think the front view camera is handy, I think it's something I'd need to come to like as I used it.

Was wondering if there is any way to tap into the video streams and record the inputs... :D

No clue why they named it "LockPick" as that means something else entirely to me... ;)

Link to site. - though this product doesn't appear to be on the site yet... :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have the link for the Harness shown in the Video. It is not a Lock Pick Item that is on your link shown. Thanks....:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
hopefully this is legit and costs under $100. Coastal Tech wants $400 for the same thing that isn't implemented as well. Needless to say, they deserve a little competition.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hopefully this is legit and costs under $100. Coastal Tech wants $400 for the same thing that isn't implemented as well. Needless to say, they deserve a little competition.
I'm not entirely clear who CoastalTech is - they might be a US distributor for the CustomTronix folks who appear to be European-ish. if they are, then their prices reflect what we'd pay...but, I didn't see this actual item on the CoastalTech website - I simply couldn't find it. Which leads me to believe that at this point, no one has it. I left a comment on the CustomTronix YT video, so we'll see if they respond there with any kind of update. Fingers crossed - it's been 2 months since that video was posted...surely to Dog they can get a product listed on their website in 2 months...LOL

·
Registered
391 Posts
so has anyone found much info out about the customtronix stuff? Ive been searching and looks like coastaltech maybe has alot of issues. Id like to order something this week as my truck is supposed to be here wednesday. Also, does anyone know if any sort of "lockpick" or "Jailbreak" has some rca out's for aftermarket amps?

·
Registered
940 Posts
SO I said to the wife the other day as she was pushing buttons on the screen that soon vehicles will not have "dash boards". I think you will get in and put your tablet like devise in a mount and program which display you want.

·
Administrator
9,675 Posts
so has anyone found much info out about the customtronix stuff? Ive been searching and looks like coastaltech maybe has alot of issues. Id like to order something this week as my truck is supposed to be here wednesday. Also, does anyone know if any sort of "lockpick" or "Jailbreak" has some rca out's for aftermarket amps?
I have the bronze version as I only needed the navigation unlock. It works great and Magnus at Customtronix really knows his stuff.

Information here: Under Dash | Customtronix

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have the bronze version as I only needed the navigation unlock. It works great and Magnus at Customtronix really knows his stuff.

Thanks! I've been talking with them already and they seem pretty knowledgeable to say the least. So can you bluetooth video from your phone to your screen? there seems to be a language barrier when asking that question. haha. Im looking at getting the silver but only because i want to add a camera.

·
Administrator
9,675 Posts
Thanks! I've been talking with them already and they seem pretty knowledgeable to say the least. So can you bluetooth video from your phone to your screen? there seems to be a language barrier when asking that question. haha. Im looking at getting the silver but only because i want to add a camera.
Video is only inputted via composite video. any source you have needs to be converted to composite video

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

I'd appreciate a review of them: installation, operation, customer service and any side effects.

It irks me to spend $200 to turn off something that should not be there in the first place, but it irks me more to be unable to use the navigation system when moving.

·
Administrator
9,675 Posts
I'd appreciate a review of them: installation, operation, customer service and any side effects.

It irks me to spend $200 to turn off something that should not be there in the first place, but it irks me more to be unable to use the navigation system when moving.
You should find everything you're looking for right here:

RAX Jailbrek YouTube Videos:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts