RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
what a goat rope. hope it works out for you. the more I read this the more I want to remove the EGR setup on our ED...
-get a EGR stage 2 delete kit ,
  • get a tune compatible with stage 2 EGR delete
  • get a box of band aids at the pharmacy , and remove the bugger ..

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the GDE tune that disables it. Any one hardware kit better than the other?
All they are essentially are stainless steel block off plates right?
I'll be waiting until the warranty is up, just incase something catastrophic happens.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Chizzle , mostly 3 kinds of design for stage 2 EGR delete kits , here are the differences :
---
1- copies of the Sasquatch kit , they have a long extra bracket that bolts to the side of the engine
and the front coolant tube bolts to it , you have to install a provided extension and 90 degree angle rubber tube
on rear coolant tube location .
2- the CFT kit , for the front coolant tube , you cut rubber hose and put the provided brass plug in that tube, the rear
colant tube has a easy to install plate .
3- the NO ECO kit , removes the metal and rubber tube of front coolant , and a plate goes in , an extension tube used
for rear coolant location .
---------------------------------------------
all 3 have same plates design for exhaust locations 1 and 4 in image .
location 2 = rear coolant tube , location 3 = front coolant tube.
once installed they are all the same . the choice is up to you .......

View attachment 84982

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
image of location 3 after the Sasquatch design installation .
best feature of that kit ,
the CFT best feature is the ease of installation of other coolant location ,a plate at location 2.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I wanted to leave the EGR in place (since it's turned off anyway) could I not simply install an extension hose that linked the front and rear coolant lines?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
what will the computer code do? or will it code? or do I need to get that programmed ?
with EGR deleted , and no tune , the truck throws those 3 codes :
P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction
P040D EGR Temp Sensor A Circuit High
P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
truck runs fine , but you have the CEL on dash, and lose the remote start because you have a fault active ,
a member drove his truck like that until he received his tuned ECM in the mail .

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
the part wh
If I wanted to leave the EGR in place (since it's turned off anyway) could I not simply install an extension hose that linked the front and rear coolant lines?
''When tuned '', The part where exhaust is sent to intake manifold is turned off , by the tune ,
**** the exhaust '' still can flow '' thru the EGR unit , ****
diverting coolant to not go thru EGR cooler will result in EGR getting super hot = NO GOOD , accelerating heat fatigue,
---
no short cuts , they have all been discussed before .
the good way of doing the job is the removal .

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those interested. If the CEL is for code P245, the chances are that you will get the EGR replaced with existing parts until a new model of EGR is engineered and built for the recall. My 2015 with 48k miles threw the code within days of getting the AEM (most likely correlation and not causation). There was never any noticeable loss of coolant (I mark it at a specific ambient temperature). I was given a loaner for 4 months and just got the truck back today. Here is the parts list.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts