RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started dripping coolant on the ground. I will dive into it this weekend to see what's going on. The leak appears to be dripping from the back of the engine in the center of it. So what's back there? The valve to the transmission? I've heard of coolant lines in the engine valley that can leak. Do they drip to the rear? Any chance the t-stat or the water pump can run to the back or do they normally just drip up front? My last guess is EGR. I have not got the new one yet. That one would be ideal as it's a warranty issue. Are any of these other items covered with the AEM warranty? I'm out of extended warranty.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,586 Posts
I've started dripping coolant on the ground. I will dive into it this weekend to see what's going on. The leak appears to be dripping from the back of the engine in the center of it. So what's back there? The valve to the transmission? I've heard of coolant lines in the engine valley that can leak. Do they drip to the rear? Any chance the t-stat or the water pump can run to the back or do they normally just drip up front? My last guess is EGR. I have not got the new one yet. That one would be ideal as it's a warranty issue. Are any of these other items covered with the AEM warranty? I'm out of extended warranty.
Thanks.
When my truck was brand new, I had a very slow leak around both ends of a short heater hose that goes from the oil cooler to the transmission cooler. I ended up installing some worm drive clamps to stop the leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts