RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had the 6 gaskets in the EGR cooler due to a leak and it wasn't covered under powertrain and was covered under Maxie care warranty.
Can you post what part numbers were replaced? I removed my cooler after being told it would be $3k to replace, if I could order new seals & gaskets...
Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just to follow up on my EGR cooler replacement..... picked up my truck 10 days ago and coolant level stays put at the seam. No more internal leaks no more adding coolant.....for now at least. Did about 1000mi of driving including towing 20ft boat for 350mi. No engine lights or other issues. Changed oil too to start fresh😂.
Unfortunately dealer has updated software under recall, includes Egr system / regen and tranny safety switch to park when doors open in Drive .
So now until engine's fully warm it will not respond to throttle input from full stop. For about 2 sec. it will barely roll no matter how hard I step on the gas and then GENTLY accelerate.
Totally unacceptable and dangerous when there's a need to join traffic quickly or to leave the intersection when turning left.... simply I'm a sitting duck for 2-3 sec. which feels like forever when other vehicles are approaching fast. Will go back to the dealer to inquire about that and if possible I will have the dealer install old software.
Pretty sure that's just how they operate after AEM updates and why a lot of people are pissed off and giving GDE more business..

21 - 22 of 22 Posts