RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Subscribing for updates. Hopefully it's the temp sensor. Quick, cheap, and easy fix!

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k. Forget that it’s now hp tuned and deleted.
57 Posts
Hi guys just an update got parts in thursday doing install today is there a procedure on adding coolant so i purge system correctly
You shouldn’t have to purge your coolant system. That sensor is pretty easy to get to. It’s right on the thermo housing. I would think a cool guy could swap that out and lose nary a teaspoon in which you would not even see a drop in your expansion tank.
That said, maybe entrained air at the housing is causing the problem in the first place.

·
Registered
14' RAM tradesman ecodiesel
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Okay thanks for all the help thermostat housing looked pretty good but the culprit was the coolant temp sensor as soon as i turned on the truck temp started raising as ot should til now have gone out twice and the tranny hasnt stayed on the second or third gear
Thank you all for the hell problem solved !!

·
Registered
2017 Laramie eco about to be tuned and deleted at 30k. Forget that it’s now hp tuned and deleted.
57 Posts
Glad you fixed it! Just for knowledge, How many miles did you have before the sensor acted up?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts