RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaking coolant, looks like a crack in a hose or so I'm hoping. It's not leaking fast by any means. But Im looking to top it up and have no idea what brand or type of coolant that will be compatible with our ms-12106 coolant. I don't want to go to the dealer as it cost an arm and a leg for anything there. Also I'm in Canada

·
Registered
172 Posts
OAT coolant by Mopar only.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
coolant part number at dealer is different in Canada , I got a gallon of pre mixed last year ,
The part number for "OAT COOLANT " is ; 68163849AB <-- USA ****( changed from AA on end)
** Canada part # : 68175339AC <---Canada 50/50 pre mixed
** concentrated # 68175338AC <--- dilute it with distilled water , not regular tap water .
it was $ 58.11 CDN , federal tax , provincial tax , and goods and services tax included .o_O

If you are worried about the color , here is a thread explaining why some OAT is purple
and other OAT is orange ...:
What color is your Kool-Aid thread :
http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/9571-what-color-your-kool-aid-coolant.html

in USA : PEAK Global Lifetime has MS 12106 on bottle 50/50 was $17 at local NAPA
try to find same stuff , MS 12106 , VERY IMPORTANT , DO NOT PUT "HOAT " COOLANT ,
IF YOU MIX THE "OAT " WITH "HOAT " IT TURNSTO A JELLO SUBSTANCE AND THE
ENGINE NEEDS TO COME APART TO GET THAT CRAP OUT ,,,,SERIOUSLY .

this one says OAT in description at Canadian Tire :
,-----
this one is concentrate OAT also in description , ,
mix half and half with distilled water that is 97 cents a gallon at Walmart :
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/prestone-heavy-duty-concentrate-anti-freeze-coolant-3-78-l-0294119p.html
IMG_2329.JPG head (when mix  HAOT + AOT).jpg IMG_2331.JPG waterpump ( when MIX haot + aot).jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm leaking coolant, looks like a crack in a hose or so I'm hoping. It's not leaking fast by any means. But Im looking to top it up and have no idea what brand or type of coolant that will be compatible with our ms-12106 coolant. I don't want to go to the dealer as it cost an arm and a leg for anything there. Also I'm in Canada
Hi: Stephenr... We needed a top up of coolant in NFLD due to trailer towing and bought a 50/50 mixed gal. in St. Johns/ Mt. Pearl @ a dealership there. Cost less than $60. CDN including tax. I only required about 8 oz so have lots left. I think it important to use the required Mopar product.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
$20.19 is a good price , Not in Canada ,
see my bill , first image in post # 4 .... $58.11 total in Canadian pesos.
and OP says he is in Canada ....we get robbed here ...:oops:

·
Registered
692 Posts
$20.19 is a good price , Not in Canada ,
see my bill , first image in post # 4 .... $58.11 total in Canadian pesos.
and OP says he is in Canada ....we get robbed here ...:oops:
Hi: Kazimodo... "Ben Dover" is Canadian Eh?
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts