RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 ecodiesel and the coolant is turning black. I will do a combustion leak test this week to see if it is a head gasket. I looked on here and am seeing a bad oil cooler could be the problem. Is the oil cooler different than the EGR cooler? Where is the oil cooler located? Never started turning black until after they replaced the EGR cooler under the recall.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Did you read this post :

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you read this post :

No I searched the forum but that one did not pop up. Thank you.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,299 Posts
The oil cooler is also part of the oil filter assembly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Crash68 kool and thanks for the quick response. Was hoping to save some money but oh well. Guess I will have to take a weekend to fix the oil cooler and the intake manifold. Anything else that could be done for preventative maintenance?

·
Registered
2021 Ram Eco Diesel Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
56 Posts
Its a new post today. You both have a recent EGR replacement in common.
Look at that timing. Both of them having oil in the coolant after egr replacement.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ That sounds pretty suspect. I’d be questioning the repair job that could have led to this.

·
Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,141 Posts
Before I tried fixing it myself I would absolutely be going back to the dealer who did my EGR.

How long since they did the EGR?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has been around a year. They put new coolant in but now its starting to change. Ill keep an eye on it and probably change the oil cooler out when I do the manifold. Wish they replaced the manifold when they did the EGR but I didn't know much about the ecodiesel at the time I bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts