RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost coolant, first noticed when I heard cooling fans running and elevated temp. Added coolant and drove 15miles and temp rising again. Oil temp got really high too. Shut it off and hauled it home. It appeared to be coming from rear of engine, but I haven’t got it in shop yet. It’s never had egr cooler update, had gde since nearly new. 2016, 189,000 miles. Egr cooler? Head gasket? Or something simple? I’ll look into it in the next day or so. Any tips? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Could be turbo feed coolant line under the intake manifold.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does it look something like this? Pretty sure it’s the turbo coolant feed tube…seems like there is a rash of these leaking right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it look something like this? Pretty sure it’s the turbo coolant feed tube…seems like there is a rash of these leaking right now.

Could very well be, what parts to I need to have on hand for the fix?

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Here's what the part looks like. Some people choose to replace the entire assembly and others have chosen to replace the rubber portion with a high temp hose. If you choose to replace with a high temp hose, you'll need a low clearance style of clamp since there's very little room for a bulky style of clamp.

The install isn't easy unless you have some mechanical skills. The entire intake has to be removed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It’s also an expensive little part! Bet deal I found was $210 on eBay.

It is covered under AEM Warranty if you have that going for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
It’s also an expensive little part! Bet deal I found was $210 on eBay.
It used to be much cheaper, but it seems like everything has gone up in price. I did find it a little cheaper ($189.20 plus $9.50 for shipping).

It is covered under AEM Warranty if you have that going for ya.
That's what I'm banking on. So far, I haven't had anything replaced under the AEM warranty. My EcoDiesel hasn't even thrown a code since I had the AEM installed on 05/20/2019!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It used to be much cheaper, but it seems like everything has gone up in price. I did find it a little cheaper ($189.20 plus $9.50 for shipping).

That's what I'm banking on. So far, I haven't had anything replaced under the AEM warranty. My EcoDiesel hasn't even thrown a code since I had the AEM installed on 05/20/2019!
I’ve used the AEM for a new lift pump (and high pressure pump because they didn’t listen to me). I’ve got an appointment for the 28th to have this replaced, scheduled it in December

Bought the hose before I realized it was covered under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I’ve used the AEM for a new lift pump (and high pressure pump because they didn’t listen to me).
Wow, you scored bigly!

I’ve got an appointment for the 28th to have this replaced, scheduled it in December
What year and mileage is your truck?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts