RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's I am looking for new 3 season tire ( I have dedicated snow tires). I was going to pull the trigger on Cooper AT/3 LT tires but they are in the same $ range as BFG KO2's and Michelin LTX tires.Cooper also have a SUV AT/3 which is P or 115T rated (4 ply) that is $75/tire cheaper. I tow a lot, and tow a lot of different things. The heaviest being a boat or firewood (6000-7000lbs range). For the weight I am towing, any of the above LT tire's will suffice. I don't require a super aggressive tire, as a slippery boat ramp, or accessing my hunt camp (wet sand) in the spring is likely the worst situation I will come across. I don't want the ride or gas mileage to suffer to much if possible. I have owned several set's of KO tires on several 1/2 and 1 ton pickups. Excellent tire, but heavy, aggressive and a stiff noisy ride. I will assume the KO2's have improved a little in those area's? Can anyone with experience with both generations of KO's/KO2's confirm? Does anyone have the P rated Cooper AT/3 tire and tow ?

Thanks for reading

Scott

·
Registered
292 Posts
With those activities, I would personally stick with an LT tire.

I just put a set of KO2 on my truck and they are great. They have improved over the originals. I really didn't notice any noise increase over the stock highway tires. Stiffer obviously, but it's still a great riding truck either way.

I have also had a few sets of the Michelin on other vehicles. They are my go to tire if I don't need an A/T. They are quiet, smooth, and seem to last forever.

I don't think you will see much of a mileage difference between any of those LT tires. Maybe a 1-2 mpg increase with the Michelin LTX over the other 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts